Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 LastLast

Besping Luke

Just picked up a loose Bespin Luke on Ebay to add to my collection. Really nice condition for $6.50. I'm up to 19 vintage figures now.

I have a question on the condition of a loose figure, if anybody wants to help me out. I have a R2-D2 figure with a pretty good sticker, a little yellowish and a bit of fraying on the bottom of the sticker (on the back). The legs and body are still white. What condition would this generally be? C-8?

It would also depend on the "looseness" of the legs, and if the head still clicks when you turn it. But pictures posted here can help us help you, too.
    "That's what Sheev said."

What is the condition of the dome? Are the legs loose?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

R2-D2 Figure

The dome is shiny and in pretty nice condition. It clicks when turned. The sticker is slightly discolored as compared to the white body with some wear to the back sticker. The legs are fairly tight. It doesn't have COO on the bottom of it. Is this more rare? Sometimes I see this showed on R2-D2 figures sold on Ebay.

Thanks,
    Nick

[FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Just bought a Tri-Logo boxed Sand Skimmer from a guy in Germany. It's on it's way over here now, so I'll post some pictures when I have it in my hands. Also, getting an unarticulated Polish bootleg Barada here soon as well.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Here're some photos of the Tri-Logo Sand Skimmer (it's still sealed in the box, that loose Sand Skimmer came off the POTF card over a year ago) and my very first bootleg figure (most likely not my last). I'm really excited to be able to add these to my collection!

Also picked up a No COO Wicket (with the speckled limbs) and another loose Amanaman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3635.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	24553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3634.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	24554  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Looks like a nice find. Out of all the body rigs I like the Sand Skimmer the best. Looking at you're photos almost makes me want to buy a loose one. Almost.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Looks like a nice find. Out of all the body rigs I like the Sand Skimmer the best. Looking at you're photos almost makes me want to buy a loose one. Almost.
    Yeah, it was a toy that I was never really interested in as a kid, because I only liked the vehicles that were actually in the movies. I've tossed around the idea of getting one as an adult collector, but was always turned off by the price. However, last year I found a nice loose (well, nearly loose, it was technically still on the card, but the bubble was heavily damaged) one on Ebay for a good price, so I bought it and was just totally taken by surprise with how cool it really is. I've been trying to get a MOC one since then, but the bubbles are always severely yellowed (almost brown most of the time), so this is probably the best option for a mint-in-package Sand Skimmer.

It's funny how POTF which is the newest stuff always has some of the most yellowed bubbles. Rare meets super hard to find in good shape equals big bucks. And don't think I've ever seen a clear bubble on a body-rig.

I'm not a huge fan of either the mini-rigs or body-rigs simply because they weren't in the movies. The Sand Skiff and Shuttle Pod are close enough to some real vehicles to be ok. The rest just seem like Kenner trying to make a quick buck on some cheap junk.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    The rest just seem like Kenner trying to make a quick buck on some cheap junk.
    You phrased that like it's a bad thing. If the profits help to fund better toys down the road, then I'm all for making a quick buck on cheap junk (which pretty much describes the 1977 Early Bird Kit to a tee).