Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273747576 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    (which pretty much describes the 1977 Early Bird Kit to a tee).
    Watch your mouth kid, or your gonna find yourself floating home!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Watch your mouth kid, or your gonna find yourself floating home!
    Are you too young to remember the 1977 news stories trashing Kenner for selling kids an "empty box"?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well continuing with my current trend of buying instructions, I've just picked up any set. This time is the A-Wing. I think I got a pretty deal on them. I've only seen one other loose set on eBay before and those when for way more.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I picked up a couple loose TIE Fighter Pilots. Probably my favorite Imperial figure from the Kenner line. I've been considering buying a MIB TIE Interceptor, but am unsure as to the current market value. The prices on Ebay seem to be all over the place.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I got a couple better-condition figures: Nien Nunb and the second Bespin Guard. Both were in great shape, with non-repro weapons, for less than $10 total. I cannot remember the last time I bought any Kenner figures.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Carded Star Wars figures - 21 backs

I am trying to pick up my first carded vintage figure, hopefully a Star Wars 21-back of Ben Kenobi or Darth Vader. Have prices stayed about the same in recent years on carded vintage or have they come down a bit in the recession? I'm looking for a C-7 or C-8 carded figure, not many to come by on Ebay. Any suggestions for a newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by needmore_niko View Post
    I am trying to pick up my first carded vintage figure, hopefully a Star Wars 21-back of Ben Kenobi or Darth Vader. Have prices stayed about the same in recent years on carded vintage or have they come down a bit in the recession? I'm looking for a C-7 or C-8 carded figure, not many to come by on Ebay. Any suggestions for a newbie?
    Do you want the bad news or the bad news?

Unfortunately, because of AFA, most decent carded figures have been sealed in acrylic and graded and are going for substantially higher prices than they were 5-10 years ago.

Also, the lower grade MOCs are being sent to AFA in massive numbers to be U-graded (which requires them to be removed from the card). So, now there are substantially fewer vintage MOCs in existence, period.

All thanks to AFA's systematic destruction of the hobby.

It's not all bad. You can occasionally find an online auction (usually from a less-than-200 sales person) for a decent price. But to be honest, I see better deals on ESB or ROJ carded figs than SW or POTF. Use Qui-Gon's advice, "[you should] be patient."
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Also, the lower grade MOCs are being sent to AFA in massive numbers to be U-graded (which requires them to be removed from the card).
    Ok, I'll bite. What's a 'U-grade?'

More on topic, I just got a 3 Position Laser Rifle. I've been looking for one of those on and off for several years now. The seller said it's missing a piece, but can't be the life of me tell what's missing or where. It works, but the motor could use a little help. The only problem is the clip in the front for holding the stock is too loose, so the stock doesn't stay folded. It's definitely not big deal as really won't be playing with.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I should start back up at some point of getting my Vintage collection going again.....if I have the money to.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!