Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
    Just out of the blue I picked up a Snaggletooth, Power Droid and Hammerhead at a Slackers in Edwardsville, IL, last week. It's probably my first vintage Star Wars purchase in over a year.

I probably could have gotten the figures much cheaper (and complete) off of eBay, but there is just something magical about actually seeing a toy in a store and paying for it with cash that shopping online can never replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Just out of the blue I picked up a Snaggletooth, Power Droid and Hammerhead at a Slackers in Edwardsville, IL, last week. It's probably my first vintage Star Wars purchase in over a year.

I probably could have gotten the figures much cheaper (and complete) off of eBay, but there is just something magical about actually seeing a toy in a store and paying for it with cash that shopping online can never replicate.
    I couldn't agree more. It's the same with buying from a small business versus a big chain store.

BTW, there are only two threads that appear in this section with the "From the Last Year" setting. Tough to add to a limited series of toys, I suppose. Or prices are just too steep.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Well I just received what is probably one of the biggest purchases in recent years for me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r2d2-01.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	26343

R2-D2 was my very first Star Wars figure. I got him in 1978, when I was 5-years-old, and I picked him out myself (which is a huge deal for a 5-year-old). I've been wanting to get another MOC 12-back R2 for about 14 years now.

Not to make you weep too much, but how much was the original cost for R2 on that price sticker, bb?

$1.99 and that's all I paid.... plus $348.00 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Finally I've gotten a couple of the Micro Collection worlds. The big instruction lot that I lost had instructions for the Bespin World set. Now I've always felt that we've never gotten a great Bespin playset at the 3 3/4" scale. Kenner's Cloud City sucks and Hasbro's Freezing Chamber is just barely passable. The best Bespin playset I've seen was '82 Micro Collection one. Had Kenner not gone down the Micro Collection road we may have gotten a good Bespin playset in '82. I've thought one and off for a number of years about making my own custom 3 3/4" scale playset based on elements from the Micro Collection one. To do that I need a Micro Collection one. So I got picked up Bespin World and for good measure Hoth World.
    I may have found another Kenner line I can be interested in: the Micro Collection. I won two really good deals on the Bespin Freeze Chamber and Death Star Escape. I am a patient buyer, so instead of buying the worlds (at their price$, too), I may try to complete the run piece by piece. The BFC was always my favorite one to play with at my friend's house (who had just about all of them: Worlds Hoth, Bespin, and Death Star, IIRC; plus several of the vehicles like TIE, X-Wing, Snowspeeder).

You know I only know a couple of people of who had any thing from the Micro Collection when I was a kid. My friend Travis had the Wampa Cave. I don't remember it being any thing special, but it was fun because I didn't have it. Somebody had a TIE fighter that they brought to school. I don't think I ever know who that was. And my sitter's grandson had the Bespin Gantry or Control Room, she wasn't sure which and I never saw them.

My friends Zack and Brian, both of whom had a ton of stuff, didn't have any of these. Nor did the kid who seemed to have everything. I can picture him, but the name seem to be escaping me. When you asked him about a particular figure, vehicle or playset he had it. But I don't recall him ever talking about the Micro Collection. My friends and I were pretty young in '82 so that was likely the limiting factor.

I've been looking for the Death Star sets off and on, but haven't like the prices I've been seeing or the condition (ie missing parts or badly chipped figures). So if you a good deal on these
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Including an as-yet-received Hoth Generator Attack set, but not including shipping (which was fairly reasonable), I got three Micro sets for under $40. No parts or pieces missing, and with just minor scratches/dings, two came with the boxes, too.

I have won a few Micro Collections recently, and have yet to pay over $19 for any of them (all three Bespin sets, Hoth Generator, DS Escape; waiting to receive a Turret Defense). Still waiting to find good deals for: Hoth Ion Base & Wampa Cave, other Death Star ones). I will likely pass on the ships (Falcon, X-Wing, TIE) though; well, maybe not the Snowspeeder.

Hi Bel-Cam Jos

Here is some info that might interest you. Up on ebay now from jeffscollectableempire
    He has several of the Star Wars Kenner Micro Collection
    All starting at $9.99 all MIB
    4 hoth generator
    Wampa Cave
    Deathstar Escape
    Bespin Freeze Chamber