Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
    One more Micro set: Hoth Wampa Cave with box. Still have yet to pay more than $20. Lost out on a Snowspeeder due to a miscalculation of the ending time, but lost on DS Compactor and Ion Cannon due to foolish bidding by auction newbies who seriously over-bid (but they got it, so maybe I am the chump. Doubt it). I may be done with this brief fling with vintage stuff.
    "That's what Sheev said."

So I've added two new items. First is a red Droids lightsaber. I've a green one for a while, but spotted a red on eBay in really good shape. I'm thinking I might have overpaid given that I was only bidder. Then again other than the A-Wing, Droids stuff isn't terrible popular.

The second item is the Imperial Cruiser. I've been looking for one of these on and off for a couple of years. I've been pretty picky about the condition. I've wanted one that was complete, with all of its stickers and the instructions, most importantly price. I didn't want to pay a lot of what is an oversized mini-rig.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Amazing: still not over $19 for any of them, and I got a no-box but complete and great shape Hoth Ion Cannon. Only leaves DS Compactor and Snowspeeder.

I don't know if any of you guys have a Slackers in your area, but they usually sell a lot of vintage toys. I picked up a pretty beat up TIE Fighter Pilot from them a couple weeks ago. Sure I probably could have bought two better condition versions of the figure on Ebay for the same price, but there's just something about buying a vintage Star Wars figure from a brick-&-mortar store that really makes my day seem a little brighter.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't know if any of you guys have a Slackers in your area, but they usually sell a lot of vintage toys. I picked up a pretty beat up TIE Fighter Pilot from them a couple weeks ago. Sure I probably could have bought two better condition versions of the figure on Ebay for the same price, but there's just something about buying a vintage Star Wars figure from a brick-&-mortar store that really makes my day seem a little brighter.
    I found out the comics/collectibles store a few miles away has a GREAT Star Wars (and even Starting Lineup) collection, plus a large back issue comics area. When I have time to do more than just browse, I will! I agree wholeheartedly about the REAL store aspect.

Picked up 3 Kenner vintage Return of the Jedi figures MOC and in good shape off ebay at a good price. Leia Combat Ponch, Leia in Boushh disguise and Han Solo trench coat. Got a good deal on them. 2 of the figures had the Kay Bee price tag stickers still on them. Price was just .79 must of been marked down on clearance perhaps 1985 or 1986 time frame. Love vintage line. The vintage line had better playsets for sure Deathstar, Dagobah and Ewok Village, etc. Wish Hasbro would change it mind on doing play sets in today's line. Maybe they will for episode 7 and the spin off movies. I doubt it though.

Couldn't believe I was the only bidder on an Ewok Catapult (all parts complete, with box in decent condition, and instructions and a catalog) online. The price tag on it was from Gemco! And the price was $6.67 (but I did pay more than that for the auction ).