Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Best video game ever?

My vote goes straight to The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I love this game more than any other, I attribute great memories to it. The music is astoundingly beautiful for a game. This game combines all of that into a long, but far from tedious, journey.

It may not be perfect in every respect of a game, but it is a special game in my mind and heart.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

In no particular order:
    Spy Hunter (arcade)
    Goldeneye (N64)
    Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Defender (arcade)
    Monopoly (NES)
    Dark Forces (PC)
    Jedi Knight:DF2 (PC)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My favorite game of all time is Asteroids for the Atari 2600. My top three favorites for Playstation are Foresaken, Bushido Blade, and Metal Gear Solid.
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

fave vid/PC games...

old: RipOff - sorta space invaders-ish video arcade game. I now have on an emulator on my PC!

new(er): X-Wing and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter - yeeeeee-freakin'-haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Doom & Doom II - A-Maze-ing!

Quake & Quake2 - (+The Reckoning & Ground Zero)

new: Quake3 - It's Frag-o-licious! (please feel free to post referrals to any good Q3 or RA3 servers and passwords!)
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Super Mario Brothers 3, the N64 Zelda Games, and Grand Theft Auto 3.

Metroid III.

Man I cannot freakin' WAIT until Metroid Prime comes out. I have faith that Nintendo is not going to let this franchise turn out to be lame.

While we are talking "best video games" I submit the "worst video game" to you.

Superman 64. I sold it for a buck about a day after I got it thats how terrible it was.

Gadzooks! The worst game is Forsaken 64.

Talk about poo.

Question gorf?? :ROLLEYES: anyway this topic is So last month ;)

see what i mean? off toppa head:
    tempest
    graViTar
    reactor
    space duel
    asteroids deluxe
    astro blaster
    space firebird
    EARLY 80'S COIN-OP CLASSIX RULE
    vt
    np: titiyo, "back & forth" (maw house dub)
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 01-04-2002 at 05:24 PM.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

I've never played the two original NES Zelda games.

Other great games:
    Harvest Moon (SNES)
    Blast Corps (N64)
    Pikmin (Gamecube)
    Grim Fandango (PC)
    Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PSX)
    Riven (PC)
    Pokemon (GameBoy)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

NES Legend of Zelda is one of the most fun games I've ever played, it even has an alt-version of the entire game in case you get done with the first one. It's very rudamentary by today's standards, but is still a ton of fun to play and that music gets stuck in your brain.

I thought Zelda II was crappy by comparison, it was an entirely different concept, Zelda as a side-scroller totally failed IMO.

Luckily, SNES' Zelda 3: Link to the Past fixed all that by being a truly awesome game.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.