Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long do you reckon they'll keep Rahm Kota around?

Looks like he's in TFU II, as well as a Battlefront spinoff that came out last year, working for the Rebellion.

Well, he can't be alive by the time Luke shows up in the picture. Luke clearly hadn't gotten any info about the Jedi from anyone other than Obi-Wan, aside from a few old-timers who knew what Jedi were and maybe met his father once or twice. Certainly there was no Rahm Kota, or cloned Galen Marek, or anyone else around, or he would've been considerably better informed by the time he went to Dagobah.

Just curious what everyone thinks. Will he die in TFU II, or will they keep him around a bit longer. (The character's grown on me from the time they showed pics of the character then called "Buh T'sechs" at Toy Fair a few years ago. Okay, that was totally just a joke for Slicker. But not his mom.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The good thing about TFU was that it was close to the OT but still a few enough years away that it could get away with not having that level of resonance on ANH. With TFU2 though, it may be asking far too much to have Rahm Kota survive, he would have a lot of lessons for the Rebellion to carry forward, a lot of strategies and leadership that would have been mentioned, especially now that he's out of his self-loathing period. I think they have to kill him, and early, and probably by Starkiller's hand.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I actually like Rahm Kota, perhaps one of favorite characters for the TFU. would rather see Vader kill him then Starkiller though. as far as how long they keep him around...i think it will be nice to see him giving tactics to the Rebellion and then being destroyed by Vader.

As far as Starkiller is concerned.... I think he should ultimately meet his end at the ends of the Emperor or Vader this time if he is good or have Yoda or Kenobi defeat him if he is evil again.

either way i am so looking forward to this game. can't wait to see how they pull it off. here's hoping that Hasbro capitalizes again and makes more toys for the TFU.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

If nothing else, they could release a couple of the characters in the Legends line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd love to see some of the Force Unleashed figures see rotation in the Legends line.... definately the various troopers both from the single carded wave as well as the 3 packs and the most recent TRU 5 packs..... also would love to see perhaps Kota and Maris Brood return as well.

in theory I would love to see Hasbro redo Maris Brood to have super articulation....

i wonder if she will make a re-appearence in sequel. i mean afterall Starkiller let her go so perhaps she is still out in the galaxy somewhere trying to either hide from Vader and Emperor or perhaps fighting on the side of the Rebellion with Kota.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Has it been confirmed that Starkiller is even the playable character?

To me, it would make sense that if Starkiller and Kota is alive, and that they can't be alive in ANH, then Vader should be the playable character. The story could be Vader's hunt to kill these jedi.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I'd love to see some of the Force Unleashed figures see rotation in the Legends line.... definately the various troopers both from the single carded wave as well as the 3 packs and the most recent TRU 5 packs..... also would love to see perhaps Kota and Maris Brood return as well.

in theory I would love to see Hasbro redo Maris Brood to have super articulation....

i wonder if she will make a re-appearence in sequel. i mean afterall Starkiller let her go so perhaps she is still out in the galaxy somewhere trying to either hide from Vader and Emperor or perhaps fighting on the side of the Rebellion with Kota.
    Maris Brood is only lacking knee articulation to be classified as "super articulated". Yes, she has that weird torso tilt, but she has all this: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...11marisart.jpg
    (I do agree her sabers are wrongo though)

If she survives into TFU2, they need to make her story more compelling, that felt like a dropped thread. She's an interesting concept, but there's very little setup and very little carrying her along, and then you get there and she's bad and she's gone. Lots of potential, not much payoff. It doesn't feel to me like a hole in TFU, but certainly couldn't survive on its own carried forward without more.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Maris Brood is only lacking knee articulation to be classified as "super articulated". Yes, she has that weird torso tilt, but she has all this: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...11marisart.jpg
    (I do agree her sabers are wrongo though)

If she survives into TFU2, they need to make her story more compelling, that felt like a dropped thread. She's an interesting concept, but there's very little setup and very little carrying her along, and then you get there and she's bad and she's gone. Lots of potential, not much payoff. It doesn't feel to me like a hole in TFU, but certainly couldn't survive on its own carried forward without more.
    it's been so long since I actually displayed Maris that I forgot she had that much articulation. would still love a new updated version of her but for what we got it wasn't all bad.

i agree that the character needs to have some more focus. would love to know what happens to her after Starkiller lets her go. does she stay on Felucia or does she flee into the unknown regions. perhaps she seeks out Yoda for some kind of redemption, or perhaps Vader catches up with her and she is killed.....either way I would love to see where her character goes from there.

I just thought about Maris' odd torso articulation, I think that represents her spin attacks. In the game, she appears and disappears with a spinning saber attack. I think Hasbro went a bit far with the tilt, but now it is starting to make sense (only 2 years later ).

Maris would have a tough time escaping Felucia, I guess. She could hook a ride on an Imp ship, but the Imps there are largely trying to kill her, she twists the Felucians to her now-evil ways to fight them because she's scared. Then again, as a Jedi she probably has decent stealth skills, I mean, she turns invisible for corn's sake (which is IMO the cheapest video game character move ever). Even minutes after her defeat at Starkiller's hands, she's got an interesting story going on, so there's lots of room to take it further.

Maris sorta vanished. That was pretty cheap. I'd hope they already had the second in the works and left her to play a larger role there. Either that, or she left Felucia and hooked up with Niles Crane.

Is it sad or what that, aside from the dangling Maris, and the very slight contradiction that there were Jedi involved in the Rebellion so late in the game, that The Force Unleashed actually had a stronger story than the prequels? I'll bet if I'd played it on PS3 or XBox 360, I'd say it had better animation, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.