Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Impossible? Even for a computer [game]? NO! Just need to find enough people so we can make it to Oregon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ORTrail 8-28-16.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	29151  
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Cool, you finally found it. I was going to check my local Target to see if they had it, but totally forgot about it when I was there this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Cool, you finally found it. I was going to check my local Target to see if they had it, but totally forgot about it when I was there this week.
    Their weekly ad had a 10% off anything* purchased (* = well, a few exceptions) today, and I was pleasantly surprised to see THREE boxes on the shelf, and still at the $10.99 sale price despite the shelf tag's $12.99. A couple other SW items on sale made it into my bag, too.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Ba-bump... and topic (sort of) stolen!

As far as cultural significance goes, of these paired ones, which of them (by estimates of recent generations) has had the most effect?

Pac-Man or Donkey Kong?
    Mortal Kombat or Tecmo Bowl?
    Assassins' Creed or Grand Theft Auto?

Or, any other similar-era game pairs that have gone beyond JUST the gamer community to be impactful?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    As far as cultural significance goes, of these paired ones, which of them (by estimates of recent generations) has had the most effect?

Pac-Man or Donkey Kong?
    Mortal Kombat or Tecmo Bowl?
    Assassins' Creed or Grand Theft Auto?

Or, any other similar-era game pairs that have gone beyond JUST the gamer community to be impactful?
    Impactful?

Donkey Kong over Pac-Man - This one is probably the most no brainer of the three pairs you listed. Pac-Man played a significant role during the golden age of arcade games in the early 80's (probably just a smidge more than Donkey Kong), but Donkey Kong was our introduction to Mario and Mario is synonymous with Nintendo. Mario was at one point more well known than Mickey Mouse and is still relevant to Nintendo, merchandising, and the video game industry to this day. Pac-Man, outside of classic arcade re-releases and minor cameos in games like Smash Bros., not so much.

Mortal Kombat over Tecmo Bowl - Tecmo Bowl was the first football video game (if I'm not mistaken) to have licensed NFL players for a home console (but technically not the licensed NFL teams) and to have multiple playbook plays for offense/defense. Mortal Kombat, as a fighter game, pushed violence in video games. I'd have to give it to Mortal Kombat for several reasons. Mortal Kombat is still a relevant game franchise today, Tecmo Bowl not so much (largely replaced/overshadowed by the Madden football video game franchise). More importantly though, Mortal Kombat almost single-handedly resulted in the creation of all video game rating systems across the world (be it ESRB, CERO, PEGI, etc.).

Grand Theft Auto (more specifically GTA III) over Assassins' Creed - This one is probably the hardest one to decide. Assassins Creed is a relatively new franchise (first game was 2007) and GTA didn't really become a relevant game franchise until their third outing. Assassins' Creed is notorious for pumping new games out on almost a yearly basis and for their nightmare fuel inducing (yet equally hilarious) glitches. However, I'd have to give it to GTA. New GTA games are still held in high regards (due to their better build quality and no mandate for a yearly game release). GTA also tends to stay in the public eye and gets criticism by parents groups, religious groups, SJWs, and in legislation (by people like Jack Thompson and Anita Sarkeesian) for its violence and sex (Hot Coffee in GTA San Andreas for example). That and because GTA III was responsible for establishing the open sandbox world gaming experience (which has been copied ever since by other game franchises).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection