Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Qui Gon's Ghost?

OK, so what d'y'all think about this new spoiler? It kinda throws the whole disappearing body non disappearing body theory out the window!!! So if it doesn't matter if the body disappears or not, or matter if you die knowing your death or being suprised by it, then what the heck IS the explanation for why, Anakin, Ben, Yoda and now Qui-Gon were able to pass on to the spiritual realm?
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Re: Qui Gon's Ghost?

This really will shock me, if it turns out to be true. I thought Liam wasn't too keen on SW after his bluescreen experience with TPM, but then he shows up for a cast photo, now this. I'm really waiting for an explanation as to how ghosts come about.

Remember in AOTC, though, that Qui-Gon yelled out, "Anakin! Anakin! Noooo!" So he did survive in the spirit world somehow. I guess we'll see.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Are you guys forgetting about Vader. His body didn't disappear yet he still showed up in spirit form. Even after he was slow roasted by his "loving" son.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yeah but that's always been in debate! I don't remember if it told in the novelization of RotJ, But I know there has been forum debates here as to whether or not his body was in the suit at the time of his funeral pyre! So only going by what we've seen in the movies, we have to assume his body was in the suit, because we never actually saw it disapppear on screen!
    So you have Qui-Gon and Anakin burned on a funeral pyre, and Ben and Yoda disappearing! Qui-Gon was the only one of the four that didn't expect his death, yet now all four of them have ghosts that maintain their human likeness in the afterlife! I have know Idea what to make of that!!!

And does this mean that Lucas is now going to redo the redo's of the redo's of the OTC so the final scene in RotJ will have Qui-Gons' ghost too!
    Luke,"Goodbye Father! Thank you Ben. Thank you Master Yoda. an'...I'm sorry I've never met you before, who the hell are you anyways"
    Last edited by The 'Xir; 01-11-2005 at 02:32 AM.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    OK, so what d'y'all think about this new spoiler? It kinda throws the whole disappearing body non disappearing body theory out the window!!! So if it doesn't matter if the body disappears or not, or matter if you die knowing your death or being suprised by it, then what the heck IS the explanation for why, Anakin, Ben, Yoda and now Qui-Gon were able to pass on to the spiritual realm?
    Perhaps it's not something that can be attained by just any Jedi or Sith. Based on the three ghosts we know of and now Qui-Gon, it really seems the common thread amongst them is the prophecy of the Chosen One. Anakin is the Chosen One, Yoda trained his son (and w/o that training, Luke never would've been in the throne room to help his father fulfill the prophecy at the last moment), Obi-Wan trained Anakin (giving him his power in a sense), and finally Qui-Gon discovered Anakin and started it all. It makes sense considering the prophecy is the only major plot element that hasn't been deeply explored yet.

And I know that there have been others who were ghosts (namely Exar Kun) but that's strictly EU, and Lucas can contradict it if he wants so that's not a factor in this.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Well, based on the AOTC novel, and from what I have been able to gather the whole "spirit form" is a relatively new thing.

As far as the Jedi were concerned once a Jedi dies they become one with the force and there is no way to distinguish themselves, that is why Yoda was surprised to hear Qui-Gon's voice in AOTC.

It seems to follow that Yoda, after hearing Qui-Gon, decides to follow-up on this unique phenomenon. I believe Yoda will discover a way to make contact with Qui-Gon or that Qui-Gon will find a way to contact him, possibly even Obi-Wan and Anakin. This is where/how they learn about the "spirit" thing. Probably they discover a way to "fade away" thus expanding on what Qui-Gon was able to do.

But at this point it's really all just speculation.
    May the force be with you.

Well I really hope its true. I wanted him to show up in AOTC, so this is the chance. I hope he pops up with some words of wisdom and perhaps a little explanation of how and why.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

A thoery that's been out for a little while (before this spoiler was verified) was that Qui-gon taught Yoda about the whole blue ghostie spirit thing, during the clone wars. Yoda in turn quickly taught Obi-wan and both had time to learn more of it during there almost two decades long self-exile. It could eb even more possible when considering this that Qui-gon spoke not only to Yoda, but Obi-wan as well or more because of their relationship, during the seclusion years. Anakin came to know of it in passing with Obi-wan and Yoda and while not actively seeking out how to do it during his years as Vader, it never totally went from his memory. Because he is the chosen one, he is more able to draw upon the force and make himself into a blue ghostie, so short after turning back to the light side.
    Move along, move along

I think it would be nice to have Liam back. Everyone back again at once!!!
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

Then again, they haven't said anything one way or the other, even though it seems as though he will come back.

In Chapter 19 of the Clone Wars series, Qui-Gon flashes to Anakin, as do Obi-Wan and Yoda (who are obviously not yet dead). Is this perhaps a sign of things to come, or was it simply a montage of Anakin's masters being in shock?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram