Wizard World Texas

I was begining to wonder if Celebration III was the only convention occuring in the entire nation this year. Though it certainly has the MOST to do with Star Wars, it would be nice to see some acknowledgement of other shows in other parts of the country. I know that I am constantly hearing from people in my area that they had no idea how many local shows occur each year.

Well, one of the biggest in the nation is coming back to Texas again this year, next weekend as a matter of fact (November 5-7), Wizard World Texas! JediCole and his intrepid entourage (a.k.a. "Team APOTAC 2004) will all be there again, vying for show exclusives and other goodies. I am rather disappointed in Gentle Giant Studios for having promised the Clone Pilot mini-bust as a Wizard World Tour exclusive then providing no indication that it would be available at Wizard World Texas. In fact, I've seen no indication that they intend to provide any exclusives to WWT! I guess they must think that there are no collectors in Texas!

At any rate, if anyone is seeking Wizard World Texas exclusives please let me know and I will try to obtain them (no promises). I did manage to hook one SSG member up with a couple of the WWT Exclusive Brodie Inaction Figures last year, sorry, I don't recall who it was. However, some manufacturers have made it more difficult than just having the cash in hand to obtain their exclusives. A case in point is Wiz Kids' HeroClix Galactus. I've been told that at previous shows this year they hold drawings for the chance to buy one! In other words, you have to win (at random) the opportunity to spend your money on this item! Now you can see why I've deployed Team APOTAC onto the show floor!

And though it is a little off-topic, a special thanks to Jedi Boulton for offering to pick up any Celebration III figure that may be offered on my behalf.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Re: Wizard World Texas

Are you able to take some pictures of the show for the site?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

SirSteve,
    I will certainly do my best. I will be there as a retailer rather than just an attendee, however, between myself, Mrs. JediCole, and our Team APOTAC 2004 crew (Zanazaz, Bubba Fatt <known to SSG as DingoDad>, The Human Blurr, and Jedi Master Will), I should be able to cover the event in pictures for SSG!

Attending Wizard World Texas? Look for us at the show, we always love to meet SSG members! Just ask Jedi Boulton!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Do we get a discount?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sure, why not? We are suckers for giving discounts to those who post on the sites where we post! Just print out this post (or the opening portion thereof) and receive a 10% discount on your purchases at our Wizard World booth (along the back wall somewhere) and/or at the toy and comic show the following weekend in Hurst, TX should you attend that one. More details on that and February's All-Con (a massive fan-run show in Dallas) coming soon.

Damn I wish I was going now.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JediCole
    SirSteve,
    I will certainly do my best. I will be there as a retailer rather than just an attendee, however, between myself, Mrs. JediCole, and our Team APOTAC 2004 crew (Zanazaz, Bubba Fatt <known to SSG as DingoDad>, The Human Blurr, and Jedi Master Will), I should be able to cover the event in pictures for SSG!

Attending Wizard World Texas? Look for us at the show, we always love to meet SSG members! Just ask Jedi Boulton!
    Excellent! Do you know how to FTP if I give you a login and then I can grab all the pictures and process them from there.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!