Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up R4-G9: Utilising VOTC R2-D2 concepts...?

Based on the pictures posted here and here, it appears that the sneak preview R4-G9 figure has some elements that were created for the VOTC R2-D2.

The centre leg looks as though it is removable. If it is not, then Hasbro did a remarkable job in making this thing retract all the way inside the droid.

The new figure also has separately moulded "wires" for its main legs. I'm hoping that these features become standard design for all forthcoming astromech figures.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: R4-G9: Utilising VOTC R2-D2 concepts...?

Very cool on Hasbros part. Well done! I'll try to score a few of these.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Looks pretty good. I passed on the Astromech Sneak preview figure from AotC, but I plan to get this one (Maybe this guy actually appears in the movie ) I think Obi-Wan needs to stop leaving him out in the rain though. He looks a bit rusty.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Thumbs up Re: R4-G9: Utilising VOTC R2-D2 concepts...?

I am pleased...very pleased with the sculpt! This is an improvement over the VOTC artoo, and I hope we will see an R-2 version quickly. Have you noticed the detail of the dome? Way to go hasbro!!!

Nice looking, will pick it up, maybe two...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That is the VOTC R2 just repainted, right?

It seems like the same sculpt to me...
    Real men buy Willrow

It's a decent enough looking figure which I'll no doubt buy (stupid completism). What is that he comes with? Is that supposed to be a hologram of Naboo or possibly Kashyyyk?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's a "planetary hologram". That's how they list it... *shrug*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Im digging it. Its got an unusual (at least to me) color scheme, especially with the dome. I also like the planet hologram and the coloring done to signify continents. Very cool plus you can never have too many extra droids.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    That is the VOTC R2 just repainted, right?

It seems like the same sculpt to me...

I compared the two and...the bodies are slightly different. And the dome is a new sculpt...it is more defined where our favorite lil artoo lacked!