Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surreal Life 4!

Surreal Life 4!

Anyone else watching this? I'm not normally one for reality shows (or television in general, for that matter), but having caught the other previous seasons of the pseudo-celebrity train wreck extravaganza I just had to tune in for this new season. For those not in the know the premise of the show is that they take a group of has-been and also-ran celebrities (past seasons have showcased such talents as Vanilla Ice, Tammy Faye, Eric Estrada, Flavor Flav, Brigette Nielsen, Dave "Uncle Joey from Full House" Coulier, Ron Jeremy, Gary Coleman, MC Hammer, Vince Neil, and Emanuel "Webster" Lewis among others) and put them in a house together "Real World" style to see what happens. This season "stars" Chris "Peter Brady" Knight, rapper Da Brat, Verne "Mini-Me" Troyer, Joanie "Chyna" Laurer, Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Go's, and models Adrienne Curry and Marcus Schenkenberg.
    Some things I learned from the first episode:
    - Peter Brady is not only a pretty cool cat, but he's also frikkin' ripped!

- Chyna is a royal [woman who is not nice] (she stole Mini-Me's specially designed little person's room!) and doesn't really seem to care when her nipples are showing.

- Da Brat is a snob...or a "brat" if you will.

- "America's Next Top Model" (Adrienne) loves to be naked and isn't above taking a job as dinnerware!

- Jane Wiedlin is pretty hot for a little chick who's getting on in years (and also occasionally likes to be naked).

- Mini-Me = comic gold. Mini-Me drunk = comic platinum. Mini-Me drunk and NAKED = comic nirvana. Mini-Me drunk, naked, and peeing on the floor = comic...well, far too hilarious for words (and just a little bit sad to boot)!

Check it out if you can.

Re: Surreal Life 4!

Yeah, this was hysterical. This is the only true reality show I enjoy. (Survivor's a game show, regardless of the label, and Drawn Together, well, it isn't actually reality.) I'm not sure why earlier seasons aren't on DVD, as it's the only reality show that lends itself to re-watching.

I also learned that there was a reason that Joan of Arc never spoke in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Could you imagine her saying something in Jane's squeaky little voice?

Also, for us SW buffs, Da Brat compared Chyna to Chewbacca at least twice.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I heard on the radio that Da Brat's husband or boyfriend said that she was to big of a star to be doing a show that's obviously made for has been's. Strange, I hadn't heard of Da Brat for years until they talked about her being on this show.

FLAVOR FLAV!!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Seriously! When was the last time she had a hit? Did she ever have more than one? I don't even remember hearing of when her last album was released.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay
    Seriously! When was the last time she had a hit? Did she ever have more than one? I don't even remember hearing of when her last album was released.
    Ummm...she had 1 hit?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I don't know why I'm so addicted to that show. I hate 9 out of 10 people who've ever been on it (especially Ryan "I'm too good for everything" Star). I don't understand how some of these people still feel that they qualify as a "celebrity". When was the last time anybody saw Chyna wrestle? When did Da Brat's last album come out? I won't pick on Jane Wiedland's lack of career because she's hot. At least that Brady kid has no disillusions about himself.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Exactly.
    You'd think they know that they're all has-beens.
    That is how the show's described, even by VH1 (I believe).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched the first two seasons faithly, season 3 on and off (I taped the marathon when it was on the other weekend), but haven't watched #4 yet.

I'm not a fan of his music, but Flavor Flav did liven up #3.

On this thread's advice, I caught the Tuesday rerun of the ep, Da Brat is a total jerk, Chyna is a selfish nit-wit, and Mini-me is downright creepy because of his behavior. I think I'm going to avoid watching the rest of this, but I'll give it 1 more chance.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This show is like a bad car accident, you just can't stop watching.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!