Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lord of The Rings toy reveiws

I'll reveiw the ones I have or have experenced in any peverese manner.

Frodo: The fig is nice except for his damned "neadrathal" stance. Does really capture the movie frodo because of that. The base LOOKS nice, but if you have frodo on that thing with his sword erect he knocks him self off. The ring is slightly too big for Frodo to wear, at least my one is anyway. Maybe it works like a hola hoop or something.

Legolas: The cool thing about this aryan elf is the way you can pose him. Looks like he just shot off an arrow. The arrowe firing action is ok, but it does shoot far for what it is. He comes with two daggers, which are kinda vestigial. Apparently your spoused to put one in his hand and squeeze his legs like a perv and he stabs stuff. I think the action was to orinianally be able to draw an arrow, but they could never get it to work. Theres a 'seath' in his sack where you can store at least one dagger.

RingWraith: This one rocks my socks. It looks all creepy and junk, esp if you have it under some shadows. My only complaint is the robes get in the seaths and vice versa and the smaller spoon that teloscopes in is kinda ghetto.

Saruman:This one is my fave of all the ones ich have. The robes are phat and it looks good. His claw like magnetized hand is also nicly sculpeted(lil things do count, it's the power of the hammer behiend the nail not the size of the nail itself). The magic eye accesory thing is alright. I just lave the ball on it'' base and put a big silver ball bering in his hand...it looks cool. The bad part is that stupid pointless arm moving crap.
    In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral till the body dies

Come the morning light, it's a see through show what you may have heard and what you think you know....

Actually the Lurtz figures has a bow and arrow that fires pretty well...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

lurtz

you must mean the armored Lurtz. The only I've seen is that newborn Lurtz, and it's a bloody pegwarmer. I dont really like that one. To me it just looks like this generic monster with a loincloth and a whip. I'm not into all that kinky stuff.

Is that battle Lurtz you was talking aboot, is that a single fig or is it one of those two packs?
    In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral till the body dies

Come the morning light, it's a see through show what you may have heard and what you think you know....

The coolest LOTR figure is that big friggin' ROCK TROLL with "giant hammer squashes everything flat" action! That thing is totally cool!

The Ringwraiths on horseback are pretty sweet, too, and I am buying as many of those as I can find (until I have 9 of them, that is...)

The newborn Lurtz and Orc overseer are figures based on an event that was cut out of the movie. Lurtz led a revolt against the normal orcs, thus bringing the Uruk-Hai into Sauramon's favor, or something like that.

I like the backdrops that come with Sam and Frodo, especially Sam's, with the Orc head popping through the door.

I thought the Gandalf figure was cool too, with his light up staff action.

The cave troll rocks my world.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Man I gotta check out the cave troll. The cave troll looks like illigitmate child of the rancor and the harry potter troll or orgre or whatever that was. I'm not gonna go out for the whole LOTR collection but I'm definatly need to get:

Gandalf
    Gimli
    Ringwraith
    RingWraith w/ horse
    Morian sword guy whatever(doont know if they already did this guy, but he was some tight armor)
    Cave Troll

i bought the 12 inch versions of gandalf and liv tyler today. they look much better out of the package, and gandalf is much improved when you comb his hair and beard down.

i switched liv tyler to a cy girls body. and like it much better this way. the clothes on both are excellent and the real scan shows promise.

i wouldn't buy the frodo if it was free. it looks horrible. they should of used molded hair on frodo and included "rudy" with him.

i really wish they would of made the elf leglaos and viggo mortinsion's characters first.

I've always been partial to dwarves so Gimli is my favorite. He comes with five axes! (One of them even has a sunder feature!)

I would love to see the Cave Troll. Was he an exclusive?

The Arwen and Frodo with Horse pack looks pretty nice but Frodo seems kind of small compared to his carded release.

BTW, the ring that comes with the carded Frodo is supposed to be child sized. So kids can pretend to have an evil, comsuming ring of power all their own.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

the ring...

ahhh so they are trying to temp our children in to satan. that ring=the doo-vel

Woo. FIVE axes!?! I DEFINATLY gotta have that one.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    BTW, the ring that comes with the carded Frodo is supposed to be child sized. So kids can pretend to have an evil, comsuming ring of power all their own.
    Actually if you look at the back of the card it shows that you stick the ring into a slot and turn it and the figure will turn too when it's on the stand that it comes with.

Also, my sister-in-laws younger brother looks almost exactly like the guy who plays Frodo. It's freakish.