Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The First Annual Academy Awards for Action Figures

This is it! This is my 1000th post! And, I hope that many of you find it to be a good one.

I have been meaning to start this thread for a while. Basically, how this is going to work out is that every day or so, I will present a new category with five or less figures in it e.g. best sculpt, best figure. And, we vote on what figure we feel best fits the category.

So far for category ideas I have, best droid, alien, VOTC, CW, Main Character, Background Character, Alien, Human, paint job, repaint, army builder, sceen scene, resculpt, accessories, vehicle, excluisve, sculpt, and best figure. If anyone else has ideas for categories please let me know.

Here is the first category. I did not count R1 becuase I found him at retail in '03

Best Droid
    VOTC R2-D2
    VOTC C-3PO
    R2-D2 (Jabba's Sail Barge)

My vote goest to R2 Jabba's Sail Barge!
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Re: The First Annual Academy Awards for Action Figures

My vote goes to Bar2-D2. For those of us who have the magazine ToyFare over the years you'll recall that in one of the first issues they made some figures jokingly and believe it or not 3 have been made. Blast Hole Greedo, Jek Porkins, and good ol' Bar2 here.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Actaully, in their very first issue, before they were numbered, they jokingly made a sliced in half Maul.

Slicker, thank you for voting.

I will write in Dagobah R2 form OTC line.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Oh yah, I forgot about that one. I will fix that right away.

The new nominees for best droid are:
    Bar2-d2
    VOTC R2-D2
    VOTC C-3PO
    Dagobah R2-d2

Slicker, you can change your vote if you wish.

Thanks but I'm still good with Bartender R2. And it's good to hear that someone else reads that nonsensical magazine.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I am going to vote for VOTC R2-D2.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Where are you Plo Koon? I was looking forward to voting some more! Come back!

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Well I vote for Dagobah R2-d2...do I have to give reasons?? if yes..tell me to edit my message.
    [SIGNATURE]

I'll say VOTC R2-D2. When compared to the Jabba's Sail Barge version, it totally blows it away! And the C-3PO sucks. The Dagobah one is okay, but I still like the VOTC one.