Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

The Incredible Hulk

I think I'm in the minority, but I really liked The Hulk by Ang Lee.

Will there be a sequel?

What would people want to see if there was (in terms of story, cast, location for the adventure, etc?)

Re: Will there be a seqel to The Hulk movie?

Tycho- if you browse the Hulk movie thread, you'll see that i was also a huge fan of the film, probably the biggest. I'm also a Hulk fanatic (sporting a Hulk shirt right now) and belong to board which is just Hulk. The reports are that the Hulk sequel is currently in pre-production and working on a script. Avi Arad (Marvel CEO) said that the Hulk sequel is in the works as they're penning a script that is "more smash, less angst." It is unclear who is going to direct or who is going to be the new villian, but fans are hoping that Abomination and hopefully Leader make appearances. Eric Bana and Jennifer Conelley are both signed for a sequel (i don't know if Sam Elliot is, i think so), so more than likely they'll be back. The release date right now is aiming for 2007.

I'll drop you a PM if i hear of anything else.

edit: here is the blip from Avi from last week from SHH:

Bigger action, smaller Hulk in sequel says Avi Arad.

February's Total Film magazine features some new information from Marvel's Avi Arad. He confirms that Hulk 2 is in progress, and a few intruiging changes that will be made from the first film.

"In the next movie, Hulk 2, the Hulk will be smaller. If you make him 15-feet tall, there's no human connection there.....Right now we are still developing the sequel. I think the key thing is to come up with the right story."

The article also says we are promised, 'less angst and a lot more Hulk smashing,' and that Bruce Banner will become more comfortable with his big green side.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 01-16-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

That's cool. And thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to it!

I liked "The Hulk" movie also. It was better than either Daredevil or The X-men to me. I would definitely like to see The Abomination and maybe Doc Samson in the next movie. I doubt though that I will see it in the theaters. I do not see many movies in the theater anymore. Too busy.

I too liked The Hulk but my only gripe, which sounds like it'll be cleared up in the sequel, was that it wasn't until half way through movie that he "Hulked out". I watched it to see him in his CG form and I'm sure many went to see that and could've done without all of the backstory.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

They'll make a sequel to ANYTHING... won't they?!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

They do dont they JEDIpartnr. I'm betting the sequel goes right to DVD. A Hulk sequel might poison Eric Bana's chance at playing 007.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I also loved Hulk. Very underrated, IMO.
    Really looking forward to a sequel.

As for the long set up, it was kind of needed. Hulk seems a bit more complex as a character than say the X-men, where they just summed up what a mutant was in the first 30 seconds.
    Also, look at The Punisher and Spider-man. It was like at least 45min to an hour before we saw either of them in the movies.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I agree. I like the long setup. It did make you care more about the characters.

SpiderMan was really done well.

Interestingly enough, SpiderMan2 was really cool because they did a lot of setup for Doctor Octopus. I think Spidey-3 will be faster paced, because the Hob-Goblin and Harry are ready-to-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    They do dont they JEDIpartnr. I'm betting the sequel goes right to DVD. A Hulk sequel might poison Eric Bana's chance at playing 007.
    I thought the movie was poorly done and the CGI Hulk was completely ridiculous and unbelieveable... even IN a comicbook world. I have been a Hulk fan for decades and this was just a travesty. The merchandising even went over like a lead fart, so I really don't know what the point of it is. Eric Bana would be a smart man to get as far away from this project as soon as he can!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**