Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will Smith in "Hitch" - anyone going to see this?

This one looks like it will be fun and maybe even real appropriate for this crowd.

I may be out of the mods' good graces right now for my social-theories in the Rancor Pit, but this movie's a lot about that. See, I think it just proves the point I'm not crazy with my theories no one wants to face up to the truth with.

Anyway, the movie looks to be good and poke fun at these issues in a way that's easier to convey than on a web forum.

When does "Hitch" release? Seems to be worth seeing for something not Sci-Fi / Fantasy, but with an actor we all mostly like.

Re: Will Smith in "Hitch" - anyone going to see this?

It is not a movie I have an interest in seeing, but Kevin James does make me laugh in the commercials when he demonstrates the type of dancing he should be learning. Other than James' performance, I do not have much else begging me to see this one.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I saw my first ad for this movie this evening and it looked pretty enjoyable. I really like Kevin James a lot on his King of Queens show so he might get me to see this movie (even if it is a small supporting role).
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Looks like a chick flick in disguise as a comedy.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I know I'm not going to get around to seeing it. But I think it loooks pretty good. Will Smith is playing it safe methinks.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I've got this sinking feeling my wife will somehow trick me into this one.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

So do you guys think that men and women like different kinds of movies?

That's an understatement. I think the only movie my wife and I have agreed on during the tenure of our relationship was "Napoleon Dynamite". Other than that, it's a huge fight whenever we go to the video store. Or I rent "Gladiator" and she gets "Kate & Leopold". Her basic rule of thumb (I'm speculating) is blood=bad movie. Now that I think about it, there is no blood in Star Wars (with the exception of the little spurt out of Darth Action Figure in TPM) (correct me if I'm wrong), which means she has one fewer excuse not to watch them.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    This one looks like it will be fun and maybe even real appropriate for this crowd.

I may be out of the mods' good graces right now for my social-theories in the Rancor Pit, but this movie's a lot about that. See, I think it just proves the point I'm not crazy with my theories no one wants to face up to the truth with.

Anyway, the movie looks to be good and poke fun at these issues in a way that's easier to convey than on a web forum.

When does "Hitch" release? Seems to be worth seeing for something not Sci-Fi / Fantasy, but with an actor we all mostly like.
    Yeah, its too bad this crowd isnt cool like yourself.

I probably wont see this one because it doesnt really stand out among a couple of other movies i want to see. But its nice to see Smith doing a role where he hopefully refrains from yelling so much. Those lose their appeal to me very quickly.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yeah, its too bad this crowd isnt cool like yourself.
    Part of my point is that I'm a major nerd that lives for collecting Star Wars and doing community service projects like a "Donny Do-Gooder."

Hitch is a movie about how a guy (Will Smith) helps people change how others perceive them.

I would've always been "The Brain" and other nerd stereotypes I had to deal with (Teacher's Pet, etc) had I not realized it. Realization's the first step. Then doing something about it. I chose to be a conundrum in my high school rebellion years:

- still an honors student with advanced placement for college credits
    - but a varsity athlete (Baseball, Men's Tennis)
    - a Metal Head "rocker" - hanging out with the stoners (but not smoking but selling them alcohol for parties)
    - a reliable employee and kitchen manager at a Mom&Pop Itallian restaurant where I was a cook

I tried to avoid all the stereotyping and be "in" with everybody - I guess like I was in political training.

I was elected and re-elected to head my student government.

Big deal. I know.

Realization today (on these boards) suggests I should see that I'm not perceived as MODEST.

I'm not sure how to address the topic of personality and perception changes which are the topics of "Hitch" without drawing on personal experience.

However, I will re-examine how I can be more modest, in spite of my ambitions.