Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why exactly did QT bleep The Bride's name in Kill Bill ?

It took me long enough but I finally watched Kill Bill Vol 2 tonight. First let me say that it was fantastic and I loved it even more than Vol 1 (which itself was awesome EXCEPT for that HORRIBLE anime scene).

So anyway, as the thread title asks, why all the bleeps ?

Re: Why exactly did QT bleep The Bride's name in Kill Bill ?

The main gist I got from it was to keep Uma's character(Beatrice, which I could tell that was what they were saying even with the bleeps) enigmatic until the end when everything was revealed. It seemed like QT's style of film art. He is always doing things off the cuff.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I had this same conversation the other day with a few co-workers. We couldnt figure it out for the life of us. We just summed it up to Scruff's statement.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I just assumed it was becuase Tarintino is weird.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I guess I'm with you, Rocketboy.

Throughout Vol 1, I figured there was some actual reason for it but when we DO find out, I looked back on it and could find no reason at all . . . I dunno, to me it justs comes across as pointless and mostly obnoxious.

I'd hate to open a pay bag from Elle Driver though, I'll tell you that.

Thinking about it a little more...maybe he did it so it's similar to the contents of Pulp Fiction's brief case, which leaves it to the fans to say "WTF was that all about?"

Perhaps the inevitable commentary will shed some light. I hated the anime scene as well.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

If my name was Beatrice, I would want it bleeped out as well
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Beatrix.

speaking of Pulp Fiction, I was thinking about it in the sense that for that movie, he showed events out of chronological order and that worked just fine, so with Kill Bill I wouldn't think it should matter if we knew her name or not.

Beatrix...that explains the whole silly rabbit thing with Lucy Lui.