POTF2 Army Builders

Who else has amassed some armies with the POTF2 versions?
    I currently have
    -76 Stormtroopers
    -about 40 Snowtroopers.
    -9 commtech Stormtroopers

I went nuts when these figures were clearanced at KB and TRU.

I just can't resist Stormtroopers.

Re: POTF2 Army Builders

were Commtech Stormies actually POTJ?
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I never considered them to be POTJ. They came on a different edition card. At the time I guess they were supposed to be regarded as elite figures (like VOTC)and for the most part they were for the time. The Stormies were nice but no where near being perfect. VOTC Stomie is the closest thing to perfect in my eyes

Actually they were Power of the Force 2 figures. It says Power of the Force under the SW logo.

Hasbro originally wanted to incorporate the CommTech chips into the POTF2 line, as a carry over from EP1. It was supposed to be a type of "upgrade" to the line.

Hasbro decided early on in the run to scrap the CommTech chips and opt for a lower price point, smart move on their part. The line probably couldn't have held too long at the higher price during a non-movie year.

On a side note, several of the POTJ figures were originally slotted for the CommTech 2 line, with oval shaped chips and twice the speach. Several of the chips made their way to the secondary market, including Chewie.

Hope that helps.

MTFBWY
    May the force be with you.