WAL MART & TRU FIGURE AND PRICE MIX UP

Both Tru And Walmart Have Mis Interpreted The New Figures, Potc 2005 Figures(myo, Feltipern Trevagg, Jannik Derriko, Rabe, Queen Amidala, Yarua, Pablo Jill, And Sly Moore) For Epiii Figure Lines. You Can See This By The Barcodes Associated With These Figures. Walmart And Tru Have Them As Preview Figures For The Upcoming Set Of 4 And The Price Points Are Actually Supposed To Be $4.77 And $4.99 Respectively. Instead Walmart Has Them At $5.88 And Tru Has Them At $6.99. I Pointed This Out To One Tru And Got The Figures For $4.99 Since They Are Just The Extension Of The Otc Line. Dont Let Them Get Away With It. This Is A Perfect Example Of The Total Lack Of Product Knowledge From A Corporate Level Since Pricing For These Two Chains Come From A Single Source At Thier Headquarters. You Think There Would Be At Least One Star Wars Geek At These Companies To Help Them Get It Right. I Wonder What They Will Call The Preview Figures Since The Barcode For Them Is Already Assigned To The Otc Post Line?

Re: WAL MART & TRU FIGURE AND PRICE MIX UP

The case asst say EP3 preview figs on them I believe. Hasbro just kept the cardbacks from the OTC style because everyone liked them alot.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The cases may say EP3, I haven't seen the box. However, NONE of the figures in the POTC line are from EP3, they all say TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB or ROTJ. Someone somewhere messed up.
    May the force be with you.

Yeah, but I think the mess-up is on Hasbro.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can verify that the boxes say Ep. III as I've seen them. So, once again the blame lays at the feet of Hasbro, not the retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, but I think the mess-up is on Hasbro.
    Yeah, I totally agree. All the larger retailers have these listed under some sort of EP3 classification. That is most likely due to Hasbro telling them that the MSRPs are going up specifically for the EP3 figures due to packaging, inflation, or whatever. Since only a relatively small number of OTC figures are being released in 2005 compared to the expected number of EP3 ones it's much easier for Hasbro to blanket all their 2005 figures under a single classification.

My experience is that both TRU and WM (at least in my neck of the woods) had the price increase yet didn't label the pegs with the new pricing/classification. I explained this to the cashiers and ended up getting them for the older prices. Now that things are labeled "correctly" I have less problem with the pricing difference, though there's no way I'm paying $7 for figures unless they're kick-A and I can't get one for cheaper.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas