Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTC Yoda

VOTC Yoda

I wasn't going to review this figure really. As a matter of fact I didn't even intend to buy one to open, but since I just scored one on clearance, I've been taking pictures of it loose (finally) for the Database.

Somewhere after having only had this thing out of the package for about 20 minutes, this happened...

(Short review: I hate this figure.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	votc_yoda0xx.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	10019  
    plasticfetish.net

Re: VOTC Yoda

Looks like your VOTC Vader got ahold of him.

Might I ask why his frock appears to be red? I'm not the most learned man but I always thought that it was tan.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

You said "frock". That's a funny word.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

It appears that hasbro used smoke and mirrors on us with some of these VOTC figures (Leia, Yoda, Lando, C3PO). They showed us vintage cards with nice clamshell protectors, and we gloated and bought all of them. However, once an individual opens the package and tries to pose or play with the figure, it breaks.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Good thing I didn't open them, except for that Vader I bbought two of.

Quote Originally Posted by plo koon 200
    Good thing I didn't open them, except for that Vader I bbought two of.
    I bought two of Vader, Fett, and Chewie. 4 of the stormie. I only plan on opening the Chewie, Fett and Vader. The stormies will be open when I do dioramas.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Poor Yoda...that's why I keep my figures unopened, 'cause I'm very used to break things and I wouldn't like to see A Luke without head (if he already doesn't have hand) or a Vader without a leg.
    [SIGNATURE]

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Might I ask why his frock appears to be red? I'm not the most learned man but I always thought that it was tan.
    (Yeah, "frock" is a funny word.) On the vintage Yoda, when you take his little tan robe off it's a kind of grey/brown color underneath. Here it's a kind of reddish brown (beef jerky) color.

In all fairness, I rarely have problems with figures breaking. I open just about everything, and I've only had things fall apart, right out of the package, a half dozen times at best. Considering that I have... you know, hundreds of Star Wars figures now, that's pretty good I think.

The real bummer here, is that the second you have this thing loose, it's pretty obvious that it wasn't built for "play." Which is a shame, because it has some really nice articulation for such a small figure. It's just very flimsy.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    The real bummer here, is that the second you have this thing loose, it's pretty obvious that it wasn't built for "play." Which is a shame, because it has some really nice articulation for such a small figure. It's just very flimsy.

Thats because of the size and how much articulation it has. If it had less articulation, it most likely would have stayed together.

HOw do the Fett, Chewie and Vader hold up? Have there been any issues with loose limbs?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten