Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Who wants The Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association to have a forum at Celebration 3?

Count Me In As Well !! -- This Is Great!!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Re: Who wants The Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association to have a forum at Celebration 3?

While we're at it, ask Lucasfilms if they have a license available for Mouse Droid scented candles.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I'll buy a shirt. But I don't know if I can attend the forum . I have my younger brother to look after.
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

Hate to revive a dead thread, but I'm interestered. What date/time are you thinking?

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

oh yeah, how come i didn't see this thread before. i'm totally in and good for a tshirt in L if you are still ordering tycho...man, i'm seriously geeking out for this con...i love it...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

OK, there doesn't seem to be a chance for a booth or forum for several reasons.

First, I want everyone to be sure to attend the SirStevesGuide.com party that I think is being organized in another thread.

Part of this is that I don't have time and enough certainty to get this organized.

I might cancel my plans to go to Indiana altogether and forfeit my flight and so forth due to a pending (and huge) career opportunity. I'd sacrafice Star Wars if it meant advancing my career this far.

While I doubt this opportunity will happen (but keep my fingers crossed) I can't see myself also planning for a forum or booth or something at C3, nor do I want to take money for people's T-shirts and then have to mail them if I can't deliver them in Indiana.

Still, most likely, I WILL be going to the Convention. I have everything prepared for a great time.

If the Mouse Droid thing changes at all (on the T-shirt front - or even better- for the forum) I will post here immediately and get thing going fast. A T-shirt order at the printer I found would take less than a week. If it can still happen, I think I'll need to talk with SirSteve as to whether he'd want his site's logo affiliated with the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association on "Got Mouse?" T-shirts. He may think it's funny and think it advances the notice of our forums community here with something unique and fun that other SW communities don't have. Or he might think that if we are all committed to a mental hospital, his site won't lose that much traffic.

Meanwhile, if I get a chance, I will explain to Mary Franklin why a group of us here put new Star Wars figures up our noses, and why we want to have a convention panel discussion about that.

In all seriousness, again, the fresh scent of plastic just released from the packaging almost only happens when you find new figures. The issue is of more paramount importance when things are hard to find. With Episode 3 being released with a huge glut of new products that will be easily available, I don't think there will be a real lack of things to sniff.

When we really made a difference was during 2003's letter writing campaign when nothing was really shipping and SSG did a huge letter-send-out to Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us, gathering official responses from each corporate - not to mention seeing the product distribution increase (whereas before, Wal-Mart said they'd only carry basic figures and lightsabers, and we saw them add Unleashed, Galactic Heroes, 12", and more).

So we will see what the future will hold and I'll still look forward to meeting all of you in Indianapolis!

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

congrats on the career opportunity tycho...too bad the moise droid idea fell through, it seemed like a cool one. looking forward to seeing you there if you make it.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]