Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2-1B Loves You !

The Q&A thread for everyone's favorite physician.

mabudon raised a good question as an aside in an Episode 3 spoiler thread. I would like the opinions of those who may be spoiler free so I thought we can move that to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    Oh, and I always wondered about that goofy hose too.... why does he need to breathe, in the first place, and why would he breathe air from inside his abdominal cavity??? If it were attached to something external, you might have something, but as it is it just doesn't make any sense.... anyone got the technical drawings of our friend the 'Deuce???
    Anybody know ?

They should release complete tech drawings of many droids, similar to those tech journals they did on the vehicles 10+ years ago.

Another question, do you think Kenner/Hasbro was accurate in making the action figures with 2 legs and feet ?

I do not recall seeing his feet in either TESB or ROTJ but I may be missing something.

Re: 2-1B Loves You !

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Another question, do you think Kenner/Hasbro was accurate in making the action figures with 2 legs and feet ?
    I do not recall seeing his feet in either TESB or ROTJ but I may be missing something.
    First off my thinking on the breathing hose. I thought that it could be to test the atmosphere in the medical treatment area so as to better treat the patients. It may test the temperature or atmospheric make-up so as to make the drugs more affective.

As for the feet. As far as I know they were never constructed. If you look in ROTJ in the Conference Room on Home One the 2-1B looking droid is blocked from the waist down by something.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Take Care,Sir

Good idea for a thread, Caesar !!!

As I mentioned in one of the many 21B threads floating about the 'net, there was a scene where you could see the 'Deuces feet(I think), where he's examining the dead tauntaun after the deleted Wampa attack scene.....
    (as an aside, that and a few other cards drove me nuts as a kid, I would look for certain scenes and never see them, I always thought I got ripped off somehow by the theatre)

In that shot his legs are completely retracted, suggesting some sort of telescoping tubes (much like what KENNER pretty much de -'deuced <----- man that's a good one)
    Sooo I think Kenner maybe hit it right- I always sorta imagined he was bolted to the floor like a barber's chair anyways, even as a kid I thought he would look stupid walking.....

But I did suggest the hilarious possibility of spring-loaded plungers, imagine him hopping around for just a minute..... priceless

And as an apology/explanation fo9r anyone reading this who is worried in any way......
    I have this thing for 21B lore
    Somehow it got to Caesar and then it just sorta spread like a pestilence......
    Just felt like making it clear that we're almost totally goofing here.... almost
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Re: Take Care,Sir

Yes and no.

Obviously my professed love for 2-1B is based in hyperbole but then again, this SW universe has so many rich background details that I say Hey, if Boba Fett or any other minor character can garner a cult following, then I am pledging my soul to the Cult of Two.

2-1B really is my favorite minor, minor, minor character, followed by Nien Nunb in second place, Bossk in third, and Dengar in fourth. I would put Dex Jettster in there, too, but I think he qualifies as just minor, and not minor, minor. Teek makes the scorecard too if we count EU.

BTW mabs, "dedeuced" is indeed a nice one and I hope KH will be here soon to give you your due !

I always thought that hose in 2-1B's mouth was to stop him from sucking even more!

Zing!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I seem to remember 2-1b having a large "skirt" instead of legs in one of the behind-the-scenes books, probably a pedestal for the puppeteers, but maybe it was a surgical gown a la M*A*S*H.

I like the reasoning on why the hose is there, especially since when we saw the droid used in ROTJ he didn't have it IIRC.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I seem to remember 2-1b having a large "skirt" instead of legs in one of the behind-the-scenes books, probably a pedestal for the puppeteers, but maybe it was a surgical gown a la M*A*S*H.
    I thought that was just the concept drawing?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hmm, could be, but I do seem to remember it as an actual realization as well. I'll have to look through SW Chronicles again.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Get this, I watched the OT tonight and paid particular attention to all things Deuce . . .

Take notice at the end of ESB when Luke is getting his hand attached, you can clearly see Deucey's legs below the table that Luke is laying on. No feet are visible, but they are definitely tubelike, much like what Hasbro came up with.

That's not to say that the feet still don't roll. Inconclusive.

Hopefully some day someone at LFL will have to make the call on this and let us know for sure.

LOL JediElf was saying we should watch ESB (or "SW to the power of 2-1B", if you prefer) yesterday just to see some extra 'Deuce......

And I am still gunning for the "hopping" 21-B... if and when he should ever re-appear

Ohhhh, man, after seeing some leaked documents, I'm in a silver and clear frenzy
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.