Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grievous Preview Figure Error

Found Grievous and Wookie Warrior in Las Vegas this weekend at Wal-Mart.

This Grievous was packaged without a blaster. Also, it didn't have the plastic base to stand the figure on...I don't know if that's an error or if they decided against packaging them with the figures. Anybody know?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrievousFig.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	10046  
    Last edited by ronhudy; 01-24-2005 at 11:15 AM.

Re: Grievous Preview Figure Error

They definitely packaged the blaster with the figure as mine has the blaster. I don't know if I'd consider this a variant but more of a production error. Some lazy line worker probably forgot to put one with the figure.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I believe they dont have stands either. You got an error figure without the blaster. Nice find

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    They definitely packaged the blaster with the figure as mine has the blaster. I don't know if I'd consider this a variant but more of a production error. Some lazy line worker probably forgot to put one with the figure.
    No..I meant the stand. Did they decide against packing in the stands? The loose photos early on pictured Grievous with the stand. Also, I noticed that on the little fold-up sheet inside with the preview toys on it, it says underneath Grievous' photo that he comes with 2 lightsabers - but he only comes with one + a blaster...

I could be mistaken, but I thought the bases came with the ROTS line, not including the Preview Figures.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

They come w/ collection 2 I believe as JJL stated somewhere else.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No stands come with the Preview figures. Its cool that your figure has no blaster but because the packaging can easily be tampared with, this is not as big of an error, as it would have been in the past. I'm sorry that sucks. Even for me that sucks, because if I find such an error, someone can argue that someone opened up the packaging.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Easily tampered with? No way, the bottom of the bubble is glued to the card and the entire top half of the bubble is either sonic-welded or glued to the card (I don't really know the difference), that tape on the sides is almost totally pointless for allowing access to the contents, it's the glue at the top and bottom that does the work and therefore is just as impervious to tampering as the old cards. You'll be able to tell no problem if someone has monkeyed with an ROTS card, that's for sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The "error" here was not giving the figure articulation at the ankles. Or maybe that's an "neglectful ommission". Either way, mine won't stand up.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

*OT* i cant stand his feet, my new line will be "does gen.g have large talons"-.-

Thats a cool find but i dont know if yyou are a scalper, but i dout that has any more than 20 bucks value:/
    But im new so dont yell at the rookie