Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh, joy... it's the Gunship again.

The folks of at GH posted an article about Hasbro re-re-releasing the Gunship. The paint scheme looks a little different, but that's about it. I suppose it makes sense that they would release it since it's featured in the next movie. What I DON'T get, however, is how they will complain about losing their shirts on this and that and how they won't reissue something the fans REALLY want, but they will keep re-releasing a ship that has been on the clearance deck twice!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Oh, joy... it's the Gunship again.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    The folks of at GH posted an article about Hasbro re-re-releasing the Gunship. The paint scheme looks a little different, but that's about it. I suppose it makes sense that they would release it since it's featured in the next movie. What I DON'T get, however, is how they will complain about losing their shirts on this and that and how they won't reissue something the fans REALLY want, but they will keep re-releasing a ship that has been on the clearance deck twice!!!
    Clearance, the wal-mart here found one in the stock room as is trying to get 40 bucks for it still.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That's insane. I've seen them for as low as $12.99!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The paint app looks weak. I mean what color is that? Greenish yellow? The Clone wars Black and AOTC Red look much better. The only way I might buy it, if it was in a window box, you know with one of the wings removed.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Unfortunately thought from the pictures it looks like it'll be boxed up again. That would look really good though if it did come in a window box with a Battle of Geonosis background inside of it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I was hoping they'd at last give it a more distinct paint job. If you were to just glance real quick, it would be hard to tell the difference bewteen this one and the AotC version.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

The Gunship... third time - yes, goes on clearance - yes, but it always seems to sell out eventually, and I imagine that by now Hasbro's making money off that mold.

I think Turbowars is right about them putting it in a window box. That'd make me buy another. (As is, I'll just wait to score this one on clearance also.)
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    That's insane. I've seen them for as low as $12.99!!!!
    I found a Millennium Falcon at Target two weeks ago for $11.24!
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

What are you guys whining about?

The Millennium Falcon was sold 3 different times in vintage days:

A New Hope - 1978
    Empire - 1980
    Return of the Jedi - 1983

It shows 3 different packaging changes:

Death Star surrounded by stormtroopers with the original crew on board
    Cloud City with Lando, Lobot, and Bespin Guards meeting Han, Leia, Chewie, C-3PO
    Tatooine - with Luke Jedi, Chewie, Lando Skiff, Leia Boussh, and curiously Nien Numb - surrounded by Jabba's men

The Republic Gunship sees 3 uses:

AOTC
    CW
    ROTS

and you guys moan. Newbies will still buy the ship because they weren't ages 4 & up when the ship was first released. Others never bought it and now think it's cool - whatever.

Yeah, we can get it on clearance in some parts. So buy it on clearance if you can.

Some kid is 3 years old right now, and by the time ROTS hits DVD in Fall of '05, he'll be old enough that his parents may buy him a gunship for his figures at Christmas '05 -almost a year from now.

Now if anyone has statistics on the birth rate, population growth, etc. - it would help Hasbro's plan make sense. But I'm sure it does.

After 1978, 1980, and 1983, the Falcon was re-released in 1995 and then again in 2004 with slight upgrades. So that's 5 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    What are you guys whining about?
    In this case, there's nothing to really whine about. There would be if, if it wasn't such a great toy, but it is, so...
    plasticfetish.net