Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Little Mac Comes Out of Retirement

This just in from IGN. The GameCube version of EA Sports Fight Night Round 2 will include Nintendo's classic game Super Punch-Out!!, according to an announcement from Electronic Arts today. Even better, players will be able to unlock Little Mac from the first Punch-Out!! games and take him into the ring against real boxers in Fight Night Round 2. Super Punch-Out!! originally appeared for the Super Nintendo in 1994, updating the boxing action established in the NES and arcade versions of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out.

"The Punch-Out!! series defined boxing video games," says George Harrison at Nintendo. "We have a new contender in the ring that's changing the face of boxing games. What better way to introduce our Nintendo gamers to EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 2 than allowing gamers to experience two boxing franchises that have had the most impact in this sports genre from the beginning of boxing games to now."

The Super Punch-Out!! bonus is the second Nintendo exclusive EA has offered GameCube owners recently, following the announcement of Mario, Peach, and Luigi appearing in NBA Street V3.

Look for Fight Night Round 2 to reach stores March first.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Re: Little Mac Comes Out of Retirement

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I like the Little Mac, but it is not the same experience without the great boxers of the other games. Still nice to see Little Mac has not completely faded into obscurity, and maybe someday they can include him in a Super Smash Bros. game.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I have fond memories of Mike Tyson's Punch Out for NES and I am glad to see it weave it's way into modern gaming. I never really understood how a pipsqueak like Little Mac can compete with the likes of King Hippo, Super Macho Man, and Soda Popinski.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Its all about heart
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Its all about heart
    No, its all about joining the Nintendo Fun Club.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

. . . but without heart you turn pink and cannot punch.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    I never really understood how a pipsqueak like Little Mac can compete with the likes of King Hippo, Super Macho Man, and Soda Popinski.

Its all about heart

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Malakite
    No, its all about joining the Nintendo Fun Club.

I was refering to LBC's post about how Little Mac(hey, he is LM like you ) can hnag with Piston Honda, Don FLemenco and the rest of the crew.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I was refering to LBC's post about how Little Mac(hey, he is LM like you ) can hnag with Piston Honda, Don FLemenco and the rest of the crew.
    I know you were commenting on LBC's post. My comment was a joke, one I'm suprise you didn't get. Guess you never listened to Doc's advice about what you need to hang with the big boys.

I loved Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I had it on my PDA for a little bit.

And the reason why he can beat King Hippo is because that idiot has a big ***** bandage over his belly button.

Long live Little Mac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punch2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	10085  
    Last edited by Slicker; 01-28-2005 at 09:39 PM.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Sorry Slicker, had to nab your photo.