Pictures of my Classic Star Wars 12" from Tatooine

I just thought these images would look really cool.

I had to do some cleaning and moved these figures from on top of my large 6 foot Tatooine displays of my 3 3/4" dioramas.

The Jundland Wastes and Mos Eisley Tatooine 12" all usually reside on top of my Mos Eisley Spaceport Case. The Jabba's Palace and Sarlaac Battle 12" stand on top of my Beggars' Canyon display.

Just the whole group of them amazes me - how many figures they've done in the Classic 12" line - some of good quality...and well, some that are less impressive.

There are 27 characters in these pictures. I think the only OT 12" I had to leave out was the Dewback with Sandtrooper, as he wouldn't fit with these. I also have an extra Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard that I'm saving in hopes to one day display fighting a Nikto or Weequay 12" - not that my hopes are too high, but you never can tell...

Anyway, enjoy, comment, question, whatever...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tatooine 12inch.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	10074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tatooine 12inch right.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	10075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tatooine 12inch left.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	10076  

Re: Pictures of my Classic Star Wars 12" from Tatooine

Great looking collection Tycho.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Nice looking collection. BUt why am ALF 12" figure...oh wait thats Chewie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Chewie 12'evrs....

I bought the

Collector's Edition (rare)
    Chewie as Boussh's Bounty (2)
    Action Collection as "anorexic tree bark"
    Latest VOTC 15" KB Exclusive

Plus like 2 extra Boussh's Bounties (KB clearance...several yrs ago, $9 each).

My thoughts: I need Chewie with my 12" 'scenes' and he doesn't change outfits. So:

Death Star Escape - with Han & Luke Stormtrooper 12" - Collectors' Edition Chewie

Arrival at Cloud City - tree-bark Chewie w. Han Bespin, Lando, Leia Hoth, C-3PO

Bespin Escape - VOTC 15" Chewie wearing ME C-3PO disasembled with Lando & hopefully, one day a LEIA BESPIN GOWN - not scene accurate, but Leia Bespin would be nicer than Bespin Escape, as it's just a rehash of Hoth with a hairstyle change.

Rescuing Han at Jabba's Palace - Chewie in Chains w. Leia Boussh & Luke Jedi

Ewok Battle - Chewie w.o. chains w. Han Endor, Wicket, Logray, Keolkeech, stormtroopers

So I have 2 extra Chewie in Chains figures in slightly damaged packaging...

My thoughts are:

Episode 3 - one or two scenes. Only frightening thing is - what if Hasbro actually designs another good Chewie? (and VOTC 12" is pretty good) Or worse, what if Hasbro makes 12" Collection Tarfful or another Wookiee Warrior? - and it looks better than the fur ball? It's hard to display a good Wookiee next to one of those "feather dusters."

However, by himself, even a fur-ball Chewie is a piece of SW collecting history I proudly display in my collection. It's not my embarrassment - it's Hasbro's.

Cool! Those are awesome.

I thought these were gonna be in diorama scenes like your 4" figs Tycho!

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, that 12" plush Chewie is DAMN ugly, it stands out like a sore hairy thumb in those photos, worse even than ANH Luke's yellow hair.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, this isn't how I display my 12" collection, JT. I just needed the tops of my display cases to have a place to sort out a ton of paperwork, as I'm doing some cleaning.

I don't create 12" dioramas with scenery, backgrounds, per se - though I might do a "Viet Nam scenerio" to get over my angst at not collecting GI Joe or Ultimate Soldiers.

I display my Star Wars 12" in groups interacting with each other, on top of the cases that contain the same scenes and characters in my 3 3/4" collection.

If I have a six-foot long representation of Mos Eisley, you have to look through the crowds to see Greedo in the back booth having it out with Han.

The 12" figure of Greedo on top of my display case, is a clear and direct homage to him.

The pictures you see above is just where I stuck the figures temporarily, to clear out display-case-top room.

Normally, I group them:

C-3PO, Obi-Wan, witnessing Luke attacked by a Tusken Raider.

Then a Sandtrooper watching another Sandtrooper talk to Garindan as Greedo, Ponda Baba, Nalan, a Jawa, R5-D4, and a Death Star Droid look on.

The Jabba's Palace characters are grouped around the Han Carbonite piece, with the forces of evil on the left, fighting with the forces of good on the right. Lando's disguised, adding ranks to Bib, Boba, and a Gamorrean, while Leia, Luke, and Chewie stare them down.

The Sailbarge characters are more in action. Leia's with R2 watching Han duck as Luke swings his saber to cut Boba Fett's blaster rifle. I have a Gamorrean rushing up to help the bad guys, and hopefully I'll be able to add my other Lando Skiff (helmet off) when I have another Jabba alien for him to fight (a Weequay I hope - even though it was a red Nikto in the movie).