Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obi-Wan vs. Super Battle Droid

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo....2-obidroid.jpg

I guess this might be a deluxe set, though I don't know for sure. He looks a bit odd with plastic sleeves and an otherwise cloth cloak, and what's that thing between his feet? The SBD is less than stellar but then again this is probably a deluxe set. Anyway it's nice to get a cloaked ROTS Obi-Wan so quickly.

Re: Obi-Wan vs. Super Battle Droid

I hate it when they go back to the old way of cutting the lower part of the tunic for the leg joints. Although I know that sometimes it makes it harder to bend the legs to a complete 90 degrees.

I think it looks ok. What the heck is that between his feet? Possibly some action feature?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Since he has a "squeeze" leg action feature, the natural position for the legs is apart. This base keeps his legs together.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

The Super Battle Droid looks like the sculpt from the Yoda vs. Super Battle Droid set.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

It's a deluxe figure thingy. just like a certin sidious figure. i wont be buying this whatever it does. The legs kinda ruined it for me.

Apparently this has a "Force Jump Attack." What that is exactly, I don't know.

JP, I don't think this is the SBD from the Yoda set. It looks to me that they're re-using that sculpt as the basic figure #4, though I could be wrong.

Man I hate these deluxe action crap sets. I mean a kid will play with it for about 2 minutes, notice it doesn't do what it says it should, tosses it and plays with his Power Rangers.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I dunno, my kid played with the Yoda/Battle Droid and 3po assembly line set for weeks until he lost the pieces and the dog got the rest.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

OK that one is kind of cool. I even played with that one. I was really just talking about the flipping action sets. Those blew hard.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)