Evanescence's Origin...

I was wondering if anyone on the board happens to have this CD. The reason I'm asking is because back in December I bid on a copy on Ebay (it was promised brand new, sealed but what I got was a used, burned copy with a fake label and case inserts) and I - with about 14 other people - have been trying to go through every possible means to correct this situation. And that includes trying to get in touch with the record companies that this guy is ripping off. I just can't seem to find the contact information for Origin's label. I believe there were two companies that released this CD. One is called BigWig and I think the other is Epic (but for the latter, I can't find more than a "General Feedback" contact page), and if anyone has either version of this CD and can give me the contact info, I'd really appreciate it.
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Re: Evanescence's Origin...

I kjust looked on cdnow.com and it says this....

# Audio CD
    # Label: (label name not provided)
    # ASIN: B0007L81R6

So if they dont have it, then I dont think anyone does. Have you tried their website for contact info on them?

Edit: found this on google.

... Evanescence / Origin Label: Big Wig Enterprises
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 01-27-2005 at 09:41 AM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If you ask me (which you didn't) any band that releases a live Cd when they only have an album and a half of music deserves to be ripped off. I hate buying new albums to get one or two songs. The email for bigwig is bigwig@bigwigenterprises.com found it on their website.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

My problem was that I kept looking for "BigWig Music" or "BigWig Records." So the search never yielded the correct website. I've written to them about this problem... thanks to both of you for replying to my post.

dindae, no one deserves to be ripped off like that. Not the band and especially not the 15 or so people that were bidding on the auction. It was only $25 that each of us lost, but it's beyond aggravating.
    And for the record, Evanescence has at least 2 albums worth of music: Fallen and Origin. The live CD was basically just an add-on to their DVD... a bonus, if you will (even if it was advertised the other way around). But, again, thanks for helping out and getting me that email address.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I feel for you getting rip off on an auction. I have bought a couple of import albums off ebay only to get a burned cd. I thought origin had a bunch of the same songs as fallen, but I only listened to it once. And as far a worthy of being ripped off. I don't direct these things towards the bands so much. It is the record companys that have continued to rehash and regroup artist work just to tack on one new song. And yet they say that declining music sales is strictly due to internet downloads. A lot of my favorite bands have broke up and/or gone into semi retirement so rehashing old material repeatedly is a huge pet peave of mine. For example one of my favorite bands is Yes. They have released 3 new albums, 4 live albums, and 5 greatest hits in the past ten years. On top of that they just rerelease all of their albums with extra tracks most of which are demo versions of songs on the albums.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Lman, what are you seeking the recored companies help anyway?
    I think they'd be pretty happy that you got ripped off on Ebay because they aren't getting a dime from what the seller gets.
    It'd be like contacting Lucasfilm for help because the original OT DVDs you bought on Ebay were terrible.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I had assumed he was looking for the record company to put an end to him selling bootleg copies on ebay. They could easily get him banned but I doubt it would go much further unless he is selling thousands of CDs.

When I bought my bootleg OT DVD's on Ebay, they pulled the auction and sent me an email stating since it was copyright infringement, I didnt have ot pursue the purchase. I will contact ebay and let them know the sellers name and what he did, they might ban him or suspend him for illegal actions.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This is why I stick to iTunes... Buy only the songs you want for .99 each. Much better than a 20$ CD.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    I had assumed he was looking for the record company to put an end to him selling bootleg copies on ebay. They could easily get him banned but I doubt it would go much further unless he is selling thousands of CDs.
    Exactly right, dindae. I really don't want to see anyone else get scammed like that. And even though I know this behavior isn't exclusive to this guy, one less on there is always a good thing.
    You're also right about it not going too much further. After I got in touch with BigWig, they told me to get in touch with Wind-Up (which I did before, but this was a specific email address this time). Their legal director got back to me today and basically said they can't do much. At least nothing past sending the information to Ebay (this is going around and around) and prevent the guy from making new accounts. And that limited action is probably - like you said - because of such a small number of bootlegs.
    So, 15 people get rolled over...