Length of Lightsaber Hilt

Hello! I am creating a lightsaber prop to go along with my Jedi costume. . . as I'm sure most of you have already done. What is the "official" length of the lightsaber hilt. I checked out the Master Replicas page, but they had no measurements on their sabers. I want to make sure I don't make mine too small, or long. Thanks for your help!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Re: Length of Lightsaber Hilt

The average length of a Lightsaber hilt is between 10 and 11 inches -at the most from end to end.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I just measured my ROTJ Luke saber hilt, it's precisely 11 and a half inches long - including the emitter tip that held the dowels which is just shy of a half-inch. Anakin's Ep 2 saber is a little smaller than most, but you can't go too wrong with 10" to 12" in length. I feel the key to a great saber is the width, if you make it too wide or too narrow the look is lost (though you probably have more leeway with "too wide" I guess). Best of luck on your saber, let us know how it comes out and feel free to post pics and info on its progress.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks guys!!! My saber is currently going to be about 10 1/2 inches. I was worried that it may be too small, so I posted the question before putting it all together. I'm going to try to post some pics of the saber, and my Jedi Belt (which I have nearly finished) when they are all complete! Thanks again!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Diameter?

Hello, I am building my own prop lightsaber, and I was wondering what the average diameter of it is?

1 inch?
    1 1/4th inch?

Please reply.

My Luke ROTJ unauthorized saber is 1.33 inches in diameter which jives with the prop I have actually seen.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.