Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Obi-wan's lightsaber

Has it ever been discussed.....

How did Obi-wan get back his lightsaber? (The one which Darth Maul kicked down the generator shaft)

And what happened to Qui-Gon's lightsaber?

Since Qui-Gon's lightsaber was not his lightsaber, I wouldn't doubt Obi-Wan would build himself a new one, especially since Qui-Gon's lightsaber if kinda dull compared to Obi-Wan's.
    As for Qui-Gon, it was probably put with his ashes in some Jedi thing or just put in some Jedi thing.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Talking Obi's saber

This is a pretty controversial subject. If you watch in TPM where Panaka says you can kiss your trade franchise goodbye, or something like that, you can see Obi-Wan wearing his saber when he walks towards Palpetine. It's clearly visible if you do a frame by frame on the DVD. Now some people say it could have simply been an accident. Seeing that scenes of films are never shot in order, it might have been worn by mistake. Those are the people that generally believe he built another one with the same design. Now other's say somebody went down and got it. Maybe a coroner or someone could have when they went to get Mual's body. I myself am still up in the air about it, only the people at Lucasfilm know for sure.

Obi-wan is walking with HIS lightsaber? Is that what you are saying? I will have to get out the old dvd and watch it this very evening!

Could've been like the Mace situation at the end, maybe when they shot the scene they couldn't get any Qui saber hilt props there and so they tried to hide Obi-Wan's but they wanted it to look like he had a lightsaber on him.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

whether it is a new one, or he retrieved his original one, i still think he should be using qui-gon's saber. i know EU isn't official, but obi-wan is clearly using qui-gon's saber in a post E1 book, and i think it would show his former master respect by continuing to use his saber.

Re: Obi-wan's lightsaber

Originally posted by jblodgett
    Has it ever been discussed.....

How did Obi-wan get back his lightsaber? (The one which Darth Maul kicked down the generator shaft)

And what happened to Qui-Gon's lightsaber?
    Maybe he, or some Naboo public worker went down to the bottom of the shaft and got it (and probably cleaned up what was left of Darth Maul too.). Sometimes the simplest explanations make the most sense.

Maybe he used the force to get it from the bottom like when Luke was stuck in the Wampa thing and he used the force to get his back.

Yeah, but Luke's saber was only like a foot away...while the pit could be miles deep. Yoda never said, "Distance matters not."

Obi-Wan's new lightsaber replaces the one he lost in the fight with Darth Maul. It is almost identical to the previous one.

- AOTC Scrapbook
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.