Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Just goes to prove, you DO need to go down EVERY toy aisle in a store!

I was in Target two nights ago... I was there for specific shopping only, but my friend and I decided to go to the toy aisle and check stuff out. I have a 7mth old daughter and she is preggers with her first, so we were looking at those kinds of toys. But like the collector I am, I did go down every aisle... was actually looking for Eeyore things for her, as that is her passion and we did find loads for her However, we got to the last aisle in the toy department which was summer toys... low and behold if I did not spot a Darth Vader sprinkler!!! He has a cloth cape, an idiotic looking saber and turns 'round when hooked to a hose. He was $9.99, I could not pass it up!! Now, if only summer would get here and all this snow disappears so I can play with it!!! LOL Of course my husband thought I should not take Darth out and play with him, trying to get me to believe that it would be worth loads down the road... I did tell him I could always go back and buy another if he really wanted me to!!! LOL

Thank goodeness my mate puts up with my SW toy collecting!!

Tho, I do suppose most o ye hardcore collectors prolly think this item is idiotic, but I thought I would share mine story with ye anyhoo and give insight as to what makes me tick, being new here and whatnot. The simplest things give me pleasure!!
    [font=Impact][color=orange]Orange Ewe Glad to know Me![/color][/font]

[font=Impact][color=#ffa500][/color][/font]

[font=Impact][color=red]LOOKING FOR: SW Calendars and SW Toothbrushes... got any? Email me! [/color][/font][center]

[/center]

Re: Just goes to prove, you DO need to go down EVERY toy aisle in a store!

Quote Originally Posted by orangejedi
    I have a 7mth old daughter and she is preggers with her first
    Man, they're having kids younger and younger every day.

I myself was surprised the other day when I saw an R2-D2 Lite Brite set at Target. I didn't buy it but it was something that I've never seen before.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

ROFL!!! No, mine daughter tis not preggers, mine friend is!!! LOL Silly me!!

Anyhoo, I did not see the R2 lite bright, might have to go back and peek again!!

[font=Impact][color=red]LOOKING FOR: SW Calendars and SW Toothbrushes... got any? Email me! [/color][/font][center]

[/center]

Yeah, I've seen that Vader a couple of times, I think it will go great with the Star Wars Slip 'N Slide, that (at my Target) was right above the sprinkler.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Yeah, someone else told me about the slip n slide, but I did not see any there, tho will look next time am in there, which will prolly be Sunday, as I seem to live in that store I have a goode sized hill that makes up mine front lawn that the slip n slide would do well on

[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Man, they're having kids younger and younger every day.

I was thinking the same thing. I had to read it like ten times and figure out she meant her friend.

You would be surprised at half the stuff you find out of place in the toy aisles. Move some boxes around, find all the stashed goodies.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, this is true. I'd miss quite a few figures if I only looked in the primary section. I found my only OTC Scout last year on top of a ride-on toy. Or sometimes they'll put figs on those little plastic peg strips that hang from shelves in other toy aisles.

Aside from toys I've found Star Wars Valentines and delta kites lately. What girl wouldn't dig a Boba Fett Valentine that proclaims, "You're worth a LOT to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Yeah, this is true. I'd miss quite a few figures if I only looked in the primary section. I found my only OTC Scout last year on top of a ride-on toy. Or sometimes they'll put figs on those little plastic peg strips that hang from shelves in other toy aisles.

Aside from toys I've found Star Wars Valentines and delta kites lately. What girl wouldn't dig a Boba Fett Valentine that proclaims, "You're worth a LOT to me."
    I'd swoon!!

[/center]

Back when OTC figures first came out, I stopped to look at the posters (half a store from the toys) and found a Vader and Stormtrooper that someone had stashed behind the posters.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I got a TRU catalog in the mail last week with lots of outdoor play equipment and toys in it. I scanned the page with this neat X-Wing kite. I forgot to look for it in store though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XWingKite.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	19681