Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Might there be more than 24 figures on April 2?

During the EP1 MM, me and a freind grabbed a shopping cart and emotied about 5 racks each into them. Went to a secluded area and sorted them out as to what I wanted and left the rest there.
    That's a really good idea KH. I haven't been to a MM yet, but I am this time. Since I'm pretty picky about my cards/bubbles, I usually rifle through each figure. When there are lots of people buzzing around me, it's hard to concentrate. I think I'll grab a cart full and head off some place quiet, like maybe the women's lingerie section

Sy Snootles lip synchs

As for me, I will try to get all 24, but it depends on if I have the money or not. I was lucky on the MM for Ep.1 as I worked at a Meijer store at the time. I just went into the back room and picked out the figures that I wanted, without any problems.

I will buy all 24 figures, more if they release them that night. I will probably skip the vehicles, and extra little stuff.
    May the force be with you.

I'll buy all 24 at MM this year, plus a select few such as the Boga lizard, the speeder, and maybe the Unleashed Grievous. I really do hope they don't release more than that on April 2, because it was hell trying to find the Yoda wave when the AOTC figures were released.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

My needs are simple: five figures at $5.88 = $41.16

Have pity on the poor (literally) completists.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Nothing wrong with that at all, just collect whatever makes you happy unless you are an army builder then I don't like you if you live near me
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

The idea of filling up shopping carts right away, going to a secluded are to rifle through the figures, and leaving what you don't want in that area may work well to get what you want, but isn't very nice to other collectors.

I say if you do that, then atleast take the time to bring the cart-fulls back to the StarWars toy area. That way it works out for everyone.

I plan to rush the local WalMart a bit before they open and grab a shopping cart with a friend as well. Except we'll just go to that section and grab any figure that we didn't already grab. I'm not sure if he plans to spend money on SW stuff, and if not, I'll probably just have him help me grab the stuff I'm looking for (first 24 figures unless more are there, trivial pursuit saga edition, chess saga edition, unleashed figures, 12" figures, and maybe some legos).

I'm sure the TRU near us will have stuff, but I think I'm going to bank on the WalMart for now. I'll probably bug them when it gets closer to see if they will have anything setup.

I will hit Wal-Mart at midnight. If I don't find 'em all, I will hit the other all night Wal-Mart and if I still don't find something I will hit the last 24 hour Wal-Mart. All together it shouldn't take more than 2 1/2 hous. I should be home by 3 am, that is if the first Wal-Mart dosn't have everything, which I am pretty sure they will, since they had plenty last time.

TRU, KB, Target, K-Mart and the rest can choke on Star Wars toys for all I care, if they want to charge $7.00 each let 'em loose money on the stuff! Knowing KB, they will probably charge $8.00 each. Heck they still have OTC Bespin Leia and Lobot for $6.99!!! Wallyworld can't even clear them all out at $2.00! Oh yeah, and KB is asking $12.99 for the VOTC Obi-Wan, Luke, Han and Leia...and they wonder why they are going under!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack
    Nothing wrong with that at all, just collect whatever makes you happy unless you are an army builder then I don't like you if you live near me
    I guess we're still friends. I'm not an army builder, but I don't have any problem with them. Unless they get to the store before me!
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

My initial prediction was 24, but now I think Hasbro will release a case each month until relase. Right now, I think the stores have the first 24. This Feb. They will likely get 8 more = 32. And, in March they will likely get another 8, making for a total of 40 figures on release date. I think, Hasbro's goal may be to get every ROTS toy out by the time the movie hits and not release any ROTS product after the movie.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.