.45 Scale Blaster Replicas Anyone?

I love the .45 scale series of lightsaber replicas - the detail, quality, and price are right on. I would, however, love to see this line carried over to some similarly scaled Blaster and other type weapons replicas. Anyone else out there down with this idea?
    I'd love to have .45 scale replicas of Han Solo's blaster, a Stormtrooper rifle, a Battle Droid Rifle, Clone Trooper rifle, Gaffi Stick, Chewbacca's bowcaster, Rebel Fleet Trooper's blaster, and even an Episode 3 Wookie blaster among others. I think this line is an excellent idea and a logical extension of the existing line, and it would give those of us who can't afford the full-size replicas or who lack the space a shot at owning high quality, metal weapons replicas - as well as giving us all a shot at replicas of some of the more obscure replicas that might never see production at full-scale. Anyone with me? Does MR accept product suggestions at all?

Re: .45 Scale Blaster Replicas Anyone?

I prefer the full-sized replicas. I'd pass on the mini blasters if made.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I think that's a great idea. The scale lightsabers I have are, I believe, much better than the full size versions. They're more affordable. They save enormous amounts of space (four scaled sabers can occupy the same space as one full scale). The detail looks even better because it's smaller yet just as accurate. The list goes on. Miniaturizing the rest of their SW line makes sense. I believe it would be popular. Just a quick glance at MR's site shows that the scaled sabers are selling.

If anyone else agrees, post your thoughts here. Maybe SirSteve, JediTricks, or one of the mods knows how to get suggestions to the right people at Master Replicas, and they can show them this thread as a form of online petition. Perhaps even split this off into a thread for people to request this new line.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

MR only make .45 scale versions of existing full-scale lightsabers, so even if .45 scale blasters became a reality you'll likely see them follow the same trend. I'm sure this is because MR simply scale the original designs in their 3D modelling software. .45 scale blasters would be great, but don't expect to see a Bowcaster, Gaffi sticks etc unless a full scale replica is made first.

Who's to say that process can't work in reverse? They could just as easily design a .45 scale Bowcaster and then scale it up to full size with their 3D modelling software when they're ready. Not all of us have the kind of expendable income to be able to collect the full scale replicas, but we'd still like a shot a some kind of replica. That's what the .45 scale line means to people like me, and I'm nearly certain that's this is the exact reason MR has created them. The Stormtrooper blaster is 500 bucks. A full-scale bowcaster would likely be closer to $700; maybe more. A miniature version would be far, FAR more accessible than that. Besides, who's to say that MR won't ever make a full sized bowcaster? If you know the answer to that then could you please give me this week's lotto numbers so that I might be able to afford the full-scale props too?

I completely agree with you, the .45 scale line is what got me into SW prop replicas, I could never afford to buy even one of the full scale replicas (although I did just receive a Vader ESB as a gift from my wonderful wife). I have all of the current .45 scales with the exception of AFBB Obi and weather Obi (and of course the gold variants which I'm not really interested in). If MR did make .45 scale blasters I would be all over them. The .45 line is affordable to anyone and very collectible, I'm just saying it's more likely they will follow their current trend of making the full scales first or at least at the same time (as with the new EPIII sabers). Still, even following that logic we should still be able to get 6 replica blasters (Han ANH, Han ESB, Leia, Rebel Trooper, Stormtrooper and Jango). That would be plenty for me to begin with Let's hope someone at MR has the same idea...