Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm Hungry for Some Star Wars Food Products

I was just checking out the pics in the "Midnight Madness" post and got super excited about the Star Wars food items that were pictured. I'm an action figure collector first and foremost, but I enjoy "hunting" for all the different packaging, and varieties of food products that are released during a movie year. The Pepsi promotion from TPM was great, and I always love the chips, and cereals!!!! There are always some great store displays that go along with these items, too!!!! I can't wait!!!!! So I got to thinking. . . when will we start seeing some Star Wars cereal, or some Doritos with a pic of General Grevious on the bag?

Are there any other food packaging collectors out there?
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Re: I'm Hungry for Some Star Wars Food Products

I collect the packaging from food that I see in stores, but I don't get vintage ones or anything like that. Those new food items look great, I wonder if the chips and soda will have pictures on them? I bet they couldn't in the pics because they'd go bad before the street date.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The pics from yakface.com show some of the products with the pictures on them. They showed 2 different Cheez-it boxes, Apple Jacks, Pops, and a Pepsi display. The strange thing I noticed about the Pepsi display was that the Pepsi boxes had 15 cans of pop in them. I've never heard of there being 15 cans in a box before.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

There were some ROTS PopTarts and something else (can't remember what) on Ebay not tool ong ago

I miss the cereals. C-3P0s were awesome.
    And so was the AOTC cereal. I called the box with Obi-Wan "Kenobi Os."

Mmm...marshmallow Yoda heads...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

C-3POs were nasty. I tried to eat them, really I did. They were nothing next to my other childhood favorites Trix, Cap'n Crunch, and Super Sugar Crisp.

I still have a few kids meal boxes from Burger Chef for their Star Wars tie-in. Burger King had the ESB posters and glasses. It was fun going every other week to see if a new glass was being offered yet. I can't remember the ROTJ food promos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I collect the packaging from food that I see in stores, but I don't get vintage ones or anything like that. Those new food items look great, I wonder if the chips and soda will have pictures on them? I bet they couldn't in the pics because they'd go bad before the street date.
    Sweet! I knew I wasn't the only one! If there are any "regional" items maybe we can help each other out. Just as long as they don't make anything ridiculous like "GoGurt" this time around I'll be ok. . . I don't think I can eat all that again. (AND I STILL NEVER FOUND THE DAMN KI-ADI MUNDI GOGURT TUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    I miss the cereals. C-3P0s were awesome.
    As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew you'd have a post in here proclaiming your love for C-3PO's! I'm most stoked about the Apple Jacks with the SaberSpoon! That thing looks flippin' awesome and at least as cool as the lightsaber pens offered during AOTC.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I kept the bags from the potato chips that came out with the Special Edition were released. I also made friends with the chip vendor who gave me two of the boxes that he brought the bags of chips into the store in. they had Star Wars trilogy Special Edition, and other pictures printed on the box, mostly black and white. I kkep them up on top of the cabinets in my kitchen, as they are fragile, designed to hold bags of chips, not a ton of other boxes of Star Wars collectibles on top of them.

When I saw the title, I thought about Taco Bell, and I became hungry.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I have some food packaging,whatever catches my eye and looks nifty.I have the AOTC Cereal Boxes,that was some good cereal.Maybe they will release something similar for ROTS?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I have some food packaging,whatever catches my eye and looks nifty.I have the AOTC Cereal Boxes,that was some good cereal.Maybe they will release something similar for ROTS?

They made AOTC cereal? How'd I miss that?

On the bright side, I do still have my boxes of C3POs from back in the day.