Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Will you buy IG-88, Aurra, and the Stormtrooper?

I saw this morning where this wave has made it to a store shelf. All three of these look cool, but I think I will only be getting IG-88, since I already have Boba Fett and Bossk. Aurra will be hard to pass up, though!

Seems like there's more to buy right now than there was before Christmas: the POTC Cantina wave, new Unleashed, ROTS Sneak Preview figs, etc. Money's tight... another reason to watch my spending.

Now I hope they someday make an Unleashed Dengar. That would rock!

Re: Will you buy IG-88, Aurra, and the Stormtrooper?

I dont normally buy these but do want ot get some. The cool looking ones I never see. I want to get IG-88 and pray the make Dengar. I never saw Boba Fett nor any Vader.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I can't wait for the IG-88 and Stormie. I don't collect these mainly for the price but I just have to buy these two which are, IMO, the 2 best looking ones yet released.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yes I will buy and in fact have. See the attached pic for proof or click the link. I was able to buy two sets of each (1 carded 1 loose) Also here are my reviews for each:

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/U...ra_Stormie.gif

IG-88: Decent pose. The legs and arms seem a little rubbery. Not as rigid as you might expect. The base is comprised of the main part of the base and two sets of flames. Each flame section attaches similar to how a LEGO piece would. The area on the flame that attaches for some reason is painted white inside of the flame. Odd, but maybe they didn't want the gray steel color coming through. Anyway, the figure itself is cool, with the arms articulated as well as the Head! The paint application is pretty decent. All in all I'd say this is a good piece to add to your Unleashed collection. For a quick rating I'd give it 4 out of 5 Holocrons.

Stormtrooper: This is my least favorite of this wave. There is something about the helmet that just doesn't seem to be in scale. The botom front part seems like it's protruding out to far. Could be me though. The base is kind of bland and unappealing. It comes with blaster bolts that you attach on in three places, though good luck trying to get the middle height one on with the trooper in place. It just doesn't fit. Maybe if I rotated the Trooper on the base a little it might, but his foot peg holds him in place in such a way that it doesn't seem possible. There is also a blaster bolt that you attach to the blaster itself. Looks kinda hokey. One of the redeeming things about the piece is the trooper itself. Though I mentioned the helmet thing, the rest of the trooper is pretty decent. As an added bonus the blaster actually is independent of the figure, meaning you can take it out of his hands. Though the plastic it's made from is a bit flimsy. Not much in the way of paint apps. Overall its an okay figure. Certainly if you like Imperials you should get him, and at this point if you are a completist for Unleashed this is not one to pass up, but if you only casually purchase these, then I'd say pass on him. Quick rating 2.5 out of 5 holocrons.

Aurra Sing: By far my favorite of the wave. Great paint apps, great pose, removable rifle all make this the one to own in this wave. The base is a strange conglomeration of metal parts/junk, but makes for a cool base once assembled. The base comes in three parts that kinda if criss-cross over each other forming a strange triad of parts that she rests upon. One other cool thing to note is that because of the way she was posed, she can "stand" apart from the base. Although and ever so minor character, this Aurra Sing figure commands you to purchase her. A must have for Unleashed enthusiasts and Aurra Sing fans. Quick Rating 5 out of 5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unleashed_IG_Aurra_Stormie_SM.gif 
Views:	32 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	10116  
    Move along, move along

Already ordered all three through EE. If I see a Stormtrooper though at Target, or elsewhere, I will pick one up pronto to open up, that is as soon as I get the ones I preordered and the one with the damaged edges will be opened.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'll be buying them. I have all the others and the Unleashed line is the only Star Wars toys I really buy any more. I've got a bounty hunter shelf, so IG and Aurra will go up there next to Jango, Boba, and Bossk. I hope they make a Zam Unleashed, I've got just enough room to put her next to Jango.

Darth Sisko

I'm a huge Stormtrooper fan, so I'll be getting him for sure!

I'll pass on IG-88. He's tempting to get -but I didnt by Bossk either. Boba Unleashed was great! I know he was very hard to get for a lot of people.

I'll pass on Aurra Sing for sure -I've never liked her. She doesnt look cool in any interesting way nor does she serve a purpose in Star Wars except for saying "I do nothing -buy my toys!"
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

IG-88: Yep!
    Stormtrooper: Yep!
    Aurra: Heck no!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Picked up all three the other day. Still waiting on the ones I ordered through EE, and the ones with the most damaged packaging will be opened.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I bought IGcrazy88 today but passed on Aurra, I'm just not interested. Still haven't seen the Stormie but I don't think I'll buy him anyway.