Hybrid View

Celebration III Fan Club Benefits

Hello Everyone!!!!!

Slowly but surely, they have been announcing various benefits for the members of the Fan Club. You can get in an hour early, special screening of Clone Wars 3, and I'm sure there will be much more in the coming months. I am attending Celebration III with my brother, who is not in the fan club. At first I didn't think this would be a problem, but it seems that it will. With my 4-Day pass I recieve 4 Fan Club passes. I originaly thought that these would allow my brother to tag along with me every day, but it seems these passes are only good for one event, not one day. Now I am faced with a minor dilema.

Is the Fan Club Membership kit worth it just to give him access to all the benefits at Celebration? All I really look forward to from the Fan Club is the magazine, really. The ironic thing is that he gets the magazine right now. When I had to re-subscribe when Lucasfilm took over, I still had a virtually brand new subscription with Paizo. . . so I get two magazines. So. . . he gets my extra mags.

Although I currently have a membership and a subscription, I am considering going halves with him on a membership just so he can have full access at Celebration. I'll get the membership kit (which isn't all that great), he'll get an "official" subscription, and most importantly there will be no problems in Indy.

I'm sure there are some more of you who are attending that are going to have this problem. What would you guys do? I think getting another membership is ridiculous, but do you see any other options?
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Re: Celebration III Fan Club Benefits

It's a craptacular way of doing things. I have a fiancee and she's going to be excluded from things if the pass isn't good for everything in one day. Geesh only four events total. That really sucks. And if they think we should pay for another full membership just to have access, their out of their collective freakin' mind. What about those FAMILIES!!! I know of 4 other collectors who are bringing their families. One guy has a wife and 3 kids he's bringing. He's the only member, so for him that would mean only 1 event were everyone gets to be together. That's a (insert your own explicative here) way of doing things. If the passes are god for the day, then fine, but only one event...

GenCon and Lucasfilm are not going to make friends over this. If this truly is about the fans, they need to consider the family of those fans as well. It's often those families that bare the brunt of a collectors habits.

The biggest problem I see though is that if the passes are good for all-day, then some events/venues will get filled up quick with fans and family BEFORE all of the fan club members get in. Forget about casual and non-fan club members. There's NO chance they are getting in.

I do see it from the standpoint of GenCon and Lucasfilm that they want the true fan to enjoy the festivities, but if it means at the loss of the company of their loved ones, you may see attendance falter and tickets being refunded.

Like I said at the beginning of this post: CRAPTACULAR!

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Well, there's also going to be screenings of CW III for everyone, not just Hyperspace members. Getting in an hour early would be good, but really, I think 10 a.m. to midnight is plenty anyway. I don't know if getting a subscription just for the benefits would be a good idea. I like being in the fan club, getting the magazine, seeing online stuff, and getting benefits, but if it's only for CIII then I say don't do it.

I guess it's really up to him.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Well, there's also going to be screenings of CW III for everyone, not just Hyperspace members. Getting in an hour early would be good, but really, I think 10 a.m. to midnight is plenty anyway. I don't know if getting a subscription just for the benefits would be a good idea. I like being in the fan club, getting the magazine, seeing online stuff, and getting benefits, but if it's only for CIII then I say don't do it.

I guess it's really up to him.
    When you have such a huge crowd trying to get in through one designated entrance, that early one-hour feature just doesn't work. It wasn't that successful at C2, IMO.