Exclamation Star Wars Strike Force?

Yes thats right? There is a listing for a Star Wars Ep3 - ROTS Strike Force Vehicle Wave 1, in a magazine I seen at a local Hobby shop. Can it be a new name for the Action Fleet? Let's hope this is Hasbro's newest venture into micro toy territory.

Unfortunately, there was no details giving. The price tag was $20. My guess is that this may be the Micro Transforming Playset that has been listed on ROTS release list. With the new micro line nearly double the normal size, this could be that playset.
    Last edited by Jangu Fett; 02-03-2005 at 05:44 PM.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Re: Star Wars Strike Force?

Maybe these will be part of the Clone Strike board game (a pack of figures ?). I also read there will be an AT-AT and a Snowspeeders pack to come with the mini figures.
    I've also seen this, antother rehash... Tydirium Shuttle from painted X-rays collector set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EpIIIimpshuttlebox.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	10129  
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

That shuttle looks sweet
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

With all the crazy stuff Hasbro's been doing with ROTS like "Attacktix", I don't have ANY expectations on what this might be.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That shuttle looks really good, even though it is still technically a rehash at least it's something worth rehashing.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

That's odd that it's alone. The other 3 sets had 2 ships and 2 figures. Why doesn't this one???
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I wonder how Hasbro was able to use the Strike Force name. Have they bought out Playmates, too?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Question Re: Star Wars Strike Force?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAFMAN
    I wonder how Hasbro was able to use the Strike Force name. Have they bought out Playmates, too?
    My own thoughts exactly...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

No, Playmates is still their own company, but the "Strike Force" name isn't active and if this isn't an Action Fleet type toy then it would be fair use.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looking at pictures of the Strike Force packaging, "Strike Force" doesn't have TM or anything next to it. I don't think Playmates was able to copyright a generic term like Strike Force?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"