Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I bought my first non-SW Lego set today: Doc Ock's Hideout

As a kid I had several Lego sets and I loved them, specifically these Medieval Knight sets. Of course, those are long gone.

So as an adult I started to love Legos again and I only bought Star Wars. Nothing against the other lines but I just don't have the money for it considering how much ca$h I blow on other stuff.

Today at WM while scooping up a $12 Cantina and the Dago-Wing for $18, I noticed this Spidey Doc Ock set for $11 . . . $11 when the original price was $48.something if I am reading it correctly.

I'm not even a big fan of the Spider-Man films, although I enjoyed the second one much more than the first.

Anyway, just my initial post in the non-SW Lego owning world !

(There are other Spidey sets on clearance as well as some other lines but nothing for as good a deal as this specific set - if I like what I see when I build it, I might go back for more.)

Re: I bought my first non-SW Lego set today: Doc Ock's Hideout

If you really loved the medieval Knight sets check this link...

http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=192&d=7&t=3

Oh-oh, now you've done it. I picked up that Doc Ock set too for $10. But it's hardly my first non-SW set. I started collecting LEGO again in the Summer of 1998, the year the Adventurers archaelogical sets first came out. Then I got into Pirates and Town... and then the Star Wars license was announced later that year... better stop now before it's too late.

I love Town sets so the non-Star Wars set I'm drooling over practically every time I see it is the new "Building Bonanza" house set. For Townies, the debut of a new house set is a blessed event. I mean, we get Police and Fire Stations and all kinds of vehicles, but where the heck do all these people live?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4486.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	10133  

Those new sets are nice and all but nothing really compares to the old school Lego Castles. It's almost as if Lego just doesn't try anymore. Now they come with new fandangled chrome swords and skeletons.

Ji'dai I've never seen that house before. That's frikkin' sweet. Is it an exclusive or is it a custom of someones?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Man I envy you guys, my wal-marts absolutely suck with LEGO selections (they definitely don't have those sets anymore) and they hardly ever do LEGO clearances that are worth anything. It's usually just a couple bucks or so knocked off...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Ji'dai I've never seen that house before. That's frikkin' sweet. Is it an exclusive or is it a custom of someones?
    It's a new Designer set for '05. Right now it's still a LEGO Shop @ Home exclusive, but I hope it'll show up at TRU or other retailers.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Medieval Knight sets.

Oh the horror, the blaspheme. I need to wash my soiled eyes.

Seriously the line the was called Castle, back when Lego really put out some great sets. The Knight's Kingdom stuff (junk) kh linked you to is a joke compared to the '80s sets. The '05 sets are better than the '04, but that's not saying much.

I thought about getting the Doc Ock lab, but seeing is how some of the figures are incorrectable I have no interest in it at this tine. I hope you enjoy it and it kicks the door open on you lego habit.
    Last edited by LusiferSam; 02-06-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Sorry Satan Sam, sorry for the misnomer.

Yeah, it was definitely a big castle I had, truly awesome !

What do you mean by "Incorrectable" Spiey Legos ? Do you mean skin tone ? This is my first set with non-yellows (well, except for that Cloud City I have coming in the mail ) so I'm not sure what you mean.

LS, are they really that bad. I never had many Lego's as a kid so I wouldnt know how the old ones are. I just know I see them in stores and in the catalogs from the Lego Fan Club.

Caesar, I believe Cloud City still has the yellow figs as it was released over a year ago.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Caesar, I believe Cloud City still has the yellow figs as it was released over a year ago.
    I was referring to Lando.