Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LOTR EE Marathon!

Anyone do the LOTR Extended Edition marathon yet?

I just did this yesterday with a buddy, and we loved it! It went a lot quicker than you would think. Watching it all thogether like that really makes it seem like one big seamless movie, very well done! Peter Jackson deserves all praise he has gotten for this trilogy.

If anyone has any interest in doing this, I would say go for it! Just make sure you have plenty of food, drink, and longbottom leaf handy..... You'll need it for the journey!

Re: LOTR EE Marathon!

Did you guys do nothing else all day? Did it go from breakfast to dinner and beyond, or what? I think it'd be fun to do this, plus the six SW films, and eventually the seven HP films. As long as I had nothing to do that day.

I did this about two months ago. It was fun to finally see the movies as they were meant to be: as one ginormous film.

Can't wait to do it with the six Star Wars films later on this year.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I've wanted to do that with LOTR because, although I've seen them all, they were spaced out by a couple of months so I forgot what happened in the previous movie.

I can't even remember how many times I've done this with the Holy Trilogy but that's always good fun.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I tried to get through all three but in the end had to settle for a LOTR and TTT EE marathon. It was nearly midnight when I stopped and I didn't feel like staying up another four and half hours to watch ROTK. The DVD player was getting kind of hot anyway

I still haven't watched ROTK EE though. I really need to schedule some time to do it. I have yet to watch the Star Wars DVD Trilogy too. I haven't seen the OT in three years though so there's no hurry I guess.

about one month ago, Starz had them all on, not the EE though. I did that and loved it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    about one month ago, Starz had them all on, not the EE though. I did that and loved it.
    And probably in FOOLSCREEN, no doubt.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

This is a timely topic for me because I plan on doing this very marathon on Friday. I have the day off so I figure that I will start around 11am or Noon.

I won't be including any of the extra features, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    And probably in FOOLSCREEN, no doubt.
    Yeah but when its not my own to watch, you take what you get.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    This is a timely topic for me because I plan on doing this very marathon on Friday. I have the day off so I figure that I will start around 11am or Noon.

I won't be including any of the extra features, though.

Sounds like alot of fun buddy.
    I guess we won't see you on again until late, late Friday or early Saturday.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed