Optimus Prime in a cell phone commercial?

Okay, I've been trying to verify this for a couple of weeks, but the shot is so quick that every time I say, "Hey, that's the commercial," it's moved on to the next scene by the time I finish the sentence.

There's a cell phone commercial, I think by T-Mobile (whichever has the incredibly annoying commercials with Katherine Zeta Jones), in which three guys are stuck behind a fast-moving semi, and none of them want to call the "How Am I Driving?" number during peak hours.

We only see the cab of the truck during the first fraction of a second. Although the trailer doesn't have a blue stripe and Autobot insignia, the cab is a squared-off red truck with a silver stripe and rear-mounted exhaust pipes.

I have never seen a real truck exactly like this, but I have several figures of a fictional character who is this truck down to the last detail.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I completely off my rocker? Okay, don't answer that last one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Optimus Prime in a cell phone commercial?

It is T-Mobile, I have seen the commerical you speak of, but I haven't noticed the truck tractor in it at all. I'll have to watch it again at one of the 18,000 times they'll play it tonight and take notice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i totally saw this too! it's a red flat face semi with a silver stripe... i haven't seen the commercial more than twice, though... i've been trying to get a vidcap of it...

EDIT: i just found it!!!

http://www.tvadvideos.com/html/ad_id.php?id=180&

it definitely looks like optimus!
    Last edited by darthvyn; 03-12-2005 at 10:07 AM.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

here's a screeny for all those with slow connections...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	optimus.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	10503  

I'd sign up for that plan if I got unlimited minutes to talk to the austere Autobot Commander. Optimus rules!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

also the voice of KARR from none other than

KNIGHT RIDER!!!

(don't get me started!)

and i'm SURE that the cab looks like that on purpose, just so geeks like us will have to go to their website, or look online to find it, and talk it up like this...

Where else would KARR be from?!? He's KITT except with a yellow scanner, black & gray 2-tone paint job, and later a gold voice modulator.

I can't imagine what I'd say if I got to talk on the phone with Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen. Maybe "why are you doing promos for Cartoon Network including some for Transformers but not actual Transformers cartoons?!?"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus Prime in Transformers: Prime, JediTricks. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Also, darthvyn, that link you posted isn't working. Can you fix it, please?
    Tommy, close your eyes.