Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile New Die-Cast Tri-Dro´d & JSF AMT/ERTL !

Cool news !

After the great metal snap kit of the Naboo Fighter by ERTL in 1998, AMT/ERTL will make new stunning snap (no glue but screws) metal kits for Ep.3 Revenge Of The Sith ! The first two kits are the New Jedi Starfighter (Anakin's) "UPC # 38361" and the Tri-Fighter Dro´d "UPC # 38362".
    Assembly is quite easy and only a few parts are to be painted (the pilot and the R2 unit for the Naboo fighter). The size will be close to an Action Fleet (a little bigger).

Other kits could have been planned under the UPC # 37357...
    I have the Naboo Fighter and it is so nicely done with the real shape of the movie prop and chrome parts. I will surely buy those upcoming kits.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Re: New Die-Cast Tri-Dro´d & JSF AMT/ERTL !

I used to have the naboo fighter, but I think I gave it too a friend. Was a great little model, looked fantastic, so the jedi fighter should be something to look forward too.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

I too have the Die Cast Naboo Fighter, it's very nice, so these should be pretty good too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

do you have some pics or links please?
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu
    do you have some pics or links please?
    ya that would be cool

Slightly off topic, anybody know why AMT didn't do any D.C. models for Ep 2? I was really looking forward to them doing some and it just never happened. I would have loved a DC Jedi Starfighter from that film, moreso even than from ROTS.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lucasfilm was worried that Ep2 would flood the market like Ep1. And LF wanted more money for the rights then AMT was willing to dish out.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Weak! The DC Naboo Fighter is the only Ep 1 item I have in my collection on display with any prominence, Lucasfilm shot themselves and us fans in the foot there.

Thumbs up Re: New Die-Cast Tri-Dro´d & JSF AMT/ERTL !

Pictures from the official catalog right here.............

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...=3932&zoneid=2

"Slightly off topic, anybody know why AMT didn't do any D.C. models for Ep 2? I was really looking forward to them doing some and it just never happened. I would have loved a DC Jedi Starfighter from that film, moreso even than from ROTS."

- I think it was because the pricepoint of the Naboo Starfighter kit was too high ($35 - $40). It didn't sell very well but the good point is we can now find it easily on Ebay for a price between $5 and $14...
    Now I'm sure these kits will be expensive but the AMT/ERTL SW line have good prices ($11 for the AT-AT, $24 for the 1/72e Millenium Falcon - Thanks to RC2) then I hope they have lowered the pricepoint (a little bit) of the DC kits (fingers crossed).
    Anyway, I will buy or or two of these upcoming Venators kits from Revell Germany. 50cm long (20 inches), it will be a huuuuuge kit !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
    Another day older and deeper in debt
    Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
    I owe my soul to the company store...

- "Sixteen Tons" written in 1947 by Merle Travis
    - #1 hit for "Tennessee" Ernie Ford in 1955
    Download : http://www.hbronner.org/album97.htm
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.