Hybrid View

Keane...sweet Band!

Does anyone here like Keane? They are a very interesting band to say the least. A vocalist (male) who can sing high notes, a pianist, and a drummer; together they compose the band. Their debut album is "Hopes and Fears". I just bought it and I have enjoyed it immensely. Their sound seems to flow nicely and the lyrics are deep.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Re: Keane...sweet Band!

That one current single of theirs isn't bad but I've heard it way too many times.
    I saw them on SNL a few weeks back, not bad.
    Nothing I feel compelled to buy, though.

They seem to be the annoying flavor of the week.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Thumbs up Re: Keane...sweet Band!

I bought this album the other day and I love it.

IMO the best tracks aren't the songs that get the most radio play. Especially "Bedshaped," man thats a great song.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    They seem to be the annoying flavor of the week.
    My thought exactly. If the single is any example of the rest of their stuff... yawn. The local alternative station in SLC has been trying to promote a show in May since Jan or Feb. They only way they can get butts in the seats is by giving away tix, which they do every other hour.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

its nice that you like keane but imo they are one of the worst bands this country has produced in many a long year. boring doesn't come into it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isn’t the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

They seem to be a love them or hate them band. I find myself liking them. They're songs have a hummability to them which is what I look for in music.