Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: U2 album (s) discussion thread!

I already saw them back i n98, I wouldnt mind seeing them again though
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

We (myself and the wife) saw them a few years ago-great show. But I'm ****ed at them for blowing off Cleveland on the first leg of the tour.
    Anakin: "Where are you going Master?"
    Obi-Wan: "To get a drink!! A Molson XXX!!"

Drew- suck it up dude. They skipped ALL OF OHIO on the first tour, not just Cleveland. Remember, on the Elevation Tour, Columbus and Cleveland were on the first leg. We just have to wait patiently, young padawan.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

U2 Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the Gramys and boy I can't wait for April 2nd and 6th to see them live U2 KICKS @$$
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Re: U2 Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed them on the Grammys... Do any of you know if it floating around the Web somewhere? I do know it's not on U2.com. One of my local radio stations today played "Sometimes You Can't MAke It On Your Own", which was pretty cool as its not the current single.

The rest of the world got "Sometimes... " as the 2nd single, and the America's got "All Because Of You", the reason being that we're a differnet market, and they wanted an up-tempo follow up. I would've liked it more if they broke with the formula and went with what they wanted.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Drew
    We (myself and the wife) saw them a few years ago-great show. But I'm ****ed at them for blowing off Cleveland on the first leg of the tour.
    Hey, look at this: U2 announced more tour dates and wouldn't you know, the Gund is on the list! Gosh! shucks!

Mon 09/12/05 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Wed 09/14/05 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Tue 09/20/05 Chicago, IL United Center

Wed 09/21/05 Chicago, IL United Center

Fri 09/23/05 Minneapolis, MN Target Center

Sun 09/25/05 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center

Mon 10/03/05 Boston, MA Fleet Center

Tue 10/04/05 Boston, MA Fleet Center

Fri 10/07/05 New York, NY Madison Square Garden

Sat 10/08/05 New York, NY Madison Square Garden

Mon 10/10/05 New York, NY Madison Square Garden

Sun 10/16/05 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center

Mon 10/17/05 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center

Wed 10/19/05 Washington, DC MCI Center

Thu 10/20/05 Washington, DC MCI Center

Sat 10/22/05 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena

Mon 10/24/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills

Fri 10/28/05 Houston, TX Toyota Center

Sat 10/29/05 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

Tue 11/01/05 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center

Wed 11/02/05 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center

Sun 11/13/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

Wed 11/16/05 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

Fri 11/18/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

Fri 11/25/05 Ottawa, ON Corel Centre

Sat 11/26/05 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

Wed 12/07/05 Hartford, CT Hartford Civic Center

Fri 12/09/05 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena

Sat 12/10/05 Cleveland, OH Gund Arena

Wed 12/14/05 Saint Louis, MO Savvis Center

Thu 12/15/05 Omaha, NE Qwest Center Omaha

Sat 12/17/05 Salt Lake City, UT Delta Center

Mon 12/19/05 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

I'm REALLY tempted to hit the Gund show, though i'd probably fly solo. Ticket prices i saw were 49-169, so they're not as high as Elevation, but we'll see how things work out.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: The U2 Discussion thread

Thanks for the info. Any idea when tickets go on sale? I'm sure not for a few months since the show is in December.
    Anakin: "Where are you going Master?"
    Obi-Wan: "To get a drink!! A Molson XXX!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Drew
    Thanks for the info. Any idea when tickets go on sale? I'm sure not for a few months since the show is in December.
    On ticketmaster.com, the PUBLIC onsale date i believe is 3/19/05, but i'm not too sure. The presales to U2.com members are going on now, i think.

That Portland show is real tempting. Portland and Salt Lake are the closest they're going to get to Montana. The plus side of Portland is I could crash at my sister's and visit a few friends all in the same trip. Too bad the dates are when they are. That's finals week for me and I have no clue what my schedule is going to be.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Can you meet with your prof's at the beginning of the semester, tell them of your plans, and work something out with them?

Bono says Powell could make ''amazing'' World Bank head

NEW YORK, March 11 Irish rock singer Bono whose name had been bandied about for the job of president of the World Bank, said Friday former Secretary of State Colin Powell could do a good job at the helm.
    ''There's a few people that would be extraordinary. I think Colin Powell would do an incredible job, but there's some great people on the list,'' said U2's Bono.

Bono's name first surfaced for the job in a Las Angeles Times editorial in February. His lobby group, DATA -- or Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa -- said this week that the singer would not be nominated for the position.
    ''It's a very important job. What we forget is, it's an area where decisions taken in Washington affect many, many more lives than people are conscious of,'' Bono said.
    James Wolfensohn's term as head of the bank ends in May.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars