Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The U2 Discussion thread

If you click onto www.wxrt.com and click the AOL/Listen now button (it will activate AOl Radio... or you have the option to install for free) and then click on the U2 banner on the homepage, it will activate the streaming.

The album is nothing short of amazing!!!

They will be playing "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" in its entirety, non-stop, all day today, 11 November 2004, until midnight!!!

Cheers!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 11-11-2004 at 01:02 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: WXRT.com U2 album preview NOW!

Yeah, i, uh, um, have heard this album in its entire beauty for about a week now and im' blown away. Definately getting this when it comes out on the 23rd!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I am certainly getting my fill of it. It's really amazing...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I don't really listen to U2, but when that itunes commercial for Vertigo comes on television, I always have to stop and watch it.

I also enjoy their Electrical Storm music video. I don't know why that is, either.

That's about all the U2 knowledge and experience I have to share.

EDIT-I just remembered they had a song on Rob Zombie's Ramones tribute cd, which I own. "Beat on the brat, beat on the brat..."

Ok, now that's all I officially know about U2. Maybe it'll change with a purchase of this new album.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-11-2004 at 11:55 PM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

HELLO
    HELLO

Damn, am I ever sick of that song.

Still, I like much of what U2 has done in the past so I'd be curious to hear some other cuts from this album.

Got the album today. I was already fairly familiar with Vertigo as its been playing for a few weeks now. I just have to get the gist/jist (sp) of the other songs. They don't instantly strike me as songs I'd get excited about but with further listening I expect at least some of them will. Thats always how it goes with me whenever I start listening to a new album from a band I like.

Excellent album, but I expected no less from U2. It's their best CD since. . . All That You Can't Leave Behind! (That sounds like not much praise, but it is better than the incomplete GH compilation and the shoddily picked B-Sides compilation that came with it.)

I'm getting ready to drive home and give it a fourth listen.

I'd like to propose to Master Guyote and Master Partnr that we rename this "The U2 Thread" so we can discuss all things U2?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The first GH did have better B-Sides, but that's because they were new songs, as opposed to Vol 2's numerous remix's. I did like that they included Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room from the "Passengers Soundtracks".

After quite a few listenings there are a few tracks I'm coming to really like: Sometimes ... On Your Own (U2 has some looonngg names), City of Blinding Lights, and Crumbs From Your Table.

Looking forward to getting CD singles from this album, getting other unreleased tracks.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I just went from here to U2.com. I read there that iTunes has some exclusive "Ultimate U2 Collection" for 149.99. It includes digital versions of every single, every album, and tons of other cool U2. It includes 3 complete concerts - 1 from 1981; another from Point Depot, Dublin, Ireland, 12/31/89 (I got a bootleg more then 10 years ago that has "Where the Streets...". It has become my absolute favorite version of that song); I think the final concert was from Boston on the Elevation tour. I actually saw a few song titles I didn't recognize, so I may be buying a few of them. Also a bunch of unreleased and demo versions of some songs (the concerts and demo's you can't dl indiviual songs).

I'm looking for some U2 video, maybe someone will know where to look:
    The first is U2's 4 songs from SNL a week or so ago (I didn't know they were on)
    The second is video of a speech Bono gave as Keynote Speaker of the University of Pennsylvania Commencement in May of this year.

Any suggestions?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Re: U2 album (s) discussion thread!

Four? I thought they only did three songs on SNL
    1. Vertigo
    2. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
    3. I Will Follow (played at the end)

I have them burned on disc and could probably IM them to you...if my POS PC will read EVER read burned discs!! grrrrrr!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"