Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Episode 3 MINIs???

My son was looking at his latest Lego catalog or whatever that bimonthly mailer is and found a MINI version of Anakin's EP3 Jedi Starfighter. There's that new promo that Lego is running called Brickmaster or something like that where you spend $40 and you get some modeling software and a random small set of Legos every month or two. One of the sets is supposed to be a Starfighter MINI.

This makes me wonder if Lego will bring them back later this year or sometime next year. We did get sets from all 5 previous movies (only 1 from EP1) so we may get more for EP3.

I'll try to take a pic of it and post it later.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: Episode 3 MINIs???

I noticed that as well.

They put the "hard to find" tag next to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legominirotsfighter.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	10209  

Well it is "hard to find"......

IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET.....

Maybe the hard to find was for another set they were going to include. And then at the last minute changed what set was to originally be released?
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

its all marketing when it comes to the "hard to find" tag...LEGO prolly put it there to entise you into purchasing the brickmaster thing
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

Thanks for putting that up, Caesar. Now I don't have to lug out my crappy camera and do all that rigamerole.

I'm wondering if by "HTF" they mean that the sets will be random, not just in what you get each month but that different people will get totally different sets all throughout the subscription period. I'm pretty partial to the MINIs, so I'm hoping this will be available without having to sign up for the program.

I can see a MINI Clone attack tank (whatever that big one on Kashyyyk is called), Corporate Alliance Droid, and ARC ship (looks like an X-Wing) as well.

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I havent gotten my Lego mag yet, I might be due for a renewal though...hmmmmmmmmm
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I would like to see the mini line continue not only with EPIII, but a few EPI & II as well as some more OTC in there...

Has anyone joined the brickmaster program? I was thinking about it for the 8 year old - but have yet to commit...

I think I'll pass on the BrickMaster club. There isn't enough to interest me in forking over $39.99. Aside from the club magazine, let us see what you get:

LEGO Model Design Software
    New LEGO set every two months (total $20 value)
    Bionicle Comic (meh)
    LEGOLAND California Child's Admission Ticket

I think it would be a nice gift for kids though. It would be fun looking forward to a new mystery set every other month. And if you're planning on a family vacation to LEGOLAND CA then the free ticket is a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by aceguide
    I would like to see the mini line continue not only with EPIII, but a few EPI & II as well as some more OTC in there...
    I really like the MINIs, especially once they go one clearance.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more with a fifth bonus set.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I really like the MINIs, especially once they go one clearance.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more with a fifth bonus set.
    I agree entirely - especially on the bonus set. I was sorry to see the last wave did not include that feature.