Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: N.h.l. - R.i.p.

Re: N.h.l. - R.i.p.

I agree with Slicker..I do not see what possible good could come out of the NHL starting a season up in Feb/March....Plus take into account the amount of interest lost by fans during the lockout. Is it possible for the NHL to have the same fanbase and following after such a labor dispute?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

The only good thing to come of a shortened season is the rule changes. They want to try some stuff out like eliminating the nuetral zone trap and removing the red line. It gives a good oppurtunity for it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Just an update. Now that the season is cancelled they have also cancelled the June draft. So because the two sides couldn't come to an agreement these kids that had hopes of playing in the NHL have to wait at least another year. Link.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That's actually some what good. I'm a big college hockey supporter and maybe this will keep some of the good Sophs and Juniors at school for at least another year.

I hate it when they follow the cash and bolt after a year in a college program.

seems the ol NFL is having similar difficulties in negotiations as well. least their agreement isn't up til 2008 so they have some time to hash it out and avoid a work stoppage like the NHL.

Hopefully the NFL is taking careful notes.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Another reason they cancelled the Draft was because someone forgot to secure the hotel rooms for the event NHL= NO HOTEL LEAGE
    [font=Fixedsys][/font]

I'll bring this thread back from the dead because the NHL has been brought back from the dead. The new season starts on October 5 and all of the teams will be participating. A new 6 year deal was signed so by the time the fans that were lost from this lockout get watching hockey again they'll lockout again.

They are changing some rules to try and increase scoring. They're gonna make goalie pads smaller and the best thing is there will be no more ties. They are now going to implement a shootout method with 5 players from each team going at it 1 on 1 with the goalie.
    Last edited by Slicker; 07-22-2005 at 03:09 PM.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'm not sure I liked the idea of doing away with the red line...gonna see a lot of campers on the blue line like in high school and college. It might make it interesting, but I've never been a fan of cherry picking.

The shoot outs will be fun to watch I'm looking forward to that, but I did really wish they'd go back to the old division names. I miss the Norris Division and Wales and Campbell tags.

I wonder how many big $ players will stay in the US or head back to europe. Many teams won't be able to have all-starts to put all-star teams together. Lanch fans can kiss the playoffs good-by for quite a few years.

To me the one rule that should change is if the Goalie comes out of the crease to play the puck, he needs to get nailed.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten