Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: N.h.l. - R.i.p.

Did this lockout chase all the hockey fans oot, eh? Mid-season and the Pens look pretty good (most road wins, good [enough] defense and good [enough] goaltending right now, with an amazing offense).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Penguins set one of those records that no one ever considers until it happens: first team in NHL history to have a 10+ game win streak in 3 consecutive years.

How is it that no teams, with the great runs like the Blackhawks or Penguins had, have clinched at least a playoff spot in the 48-game season yet? Less than 10 games left to play for many.

Playoff spots are getting nabbed like new, non-pegwarmer, fresh-from-the-case, unpunched figures.

I was torn yesterday, between the Bruins and the Pens. Like their city, Boston played tough at home.

Pittsburgh clinched the East; Chicago's close to the President's Trophy.

Playoff matchups are mostly interesting this year.

I watched the Caps/Rangers the other night and saw how close a battle it was for those two teams. The Habs and Sens series had a bit of viciousness to it. The Isles shocked the Pens the other night. Anything can happen, that it what I like about the 2nd season.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Losing DeKeyser is a blow for the Wings. The rookie had stepped up and played exceptional.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Pens get an OT PP goal, to take a 2-1 series lead.

I really hope Pittsburgh closes it out today. However, that would mean Ottawa might seek revenge against Matt Cooke. Hey; playoff hockey is always tough. Very tough.

And the Wings win the first Game 7 of the 2013 Stanley cup Playoffs!

Two more tonight, hoping Toronto shocks the world.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Here's the way I see the symmetry of a Pittsburgh 2013 Cup:
    10+ game winning streak for an NHL-record third straight year.
    9 point lead over 2nd-seeded Washington in the East.
    #8 seed NY Islanders beaten in first round.
    #7 seed Ottawa taken out in second round.
    6 seed NY Rangers defeated in conference finals.
    #5 seed LA Kings go down in the Cup Final... for the
    4th Stanley Cup in Penguins history, where in the clinching game
    3 Penguins each score
    2 goals, with Pittsburgh giving up just
    1 goal to end the year.