Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Mustafar playset...

Looking at the pictures, it appears that they created this to have a modular design. The front Seems to have a little tab that will allow something to connect to it... I'm thinking it might be one of those battle arenas like this one.

The sculpted "lava" on the right side has two pegs on it. I'm thinking the little pads that Obi-Wan and Anakin are on actually go on that.

==============================================

Okay... it does all that per the box. Apparently, it comes with the two figures as well. There doesn't seem to be a lot going around on the "inside" but that appears to have tabs for more things to be connected to it.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 02-20-2005 at 10:59 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Mustafar playset...

I like the figures that come with it, even with Anakin's face. I'm glad they're not just the basic figures. They look like they're kicking each other's butt! I wonder if they come off the bases? Hopefully some of the bases of the Mustafar figures (Padmé, C-3PO) will connect to this. I can't imagine that the bridge things that go out to the conference room dealies are very sturdy. This looks to be fun, I love the playsets!

After looking at that pic of the box, I saw that it said "Includes Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader!" That's cool, I guess he'll be Vader even before he gets the armor.
    Last edited by Mr. JabbaJohnL; 02-20-2005 at 12:56 PM.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

There's something odd about their lightsabers, the hilts look like they're made from clear plastic or covered in something.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

It seems alright to me, but I don't think I'll get it because I'm not a playset collector. Plus, it doesn't look like you can take Obi-Wan and Anakin off those bases. I am dying to know what's on the other side of the playset. It could be the medical chamber where Anakin becomes Darth Vader.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I'll pass on this set just as I have passed on all other playsets. I might buy it for my cousin though. He will play with it longer than the 3 minutes I would if I bought it for myself.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

There's something odd about their lightsabers, the hilts look like they're made from clear plastic or covered in something.
    They wrap them in a light celophane to keep the silver paint from the hilts off the figures' hands. They did that wil some of the other basic and deluxe figures.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think this thing looks horrible- almost bad as the geonosis one. I definitly wont be buying this one. The flying ball o' lava looks especially stupid... And hasbro was doing a pretty good job to, im surprised with this.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

I like the fact that it they call the Anakin figure Darth Vader even though he's not in his armor.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I like the fact that it they call the Anakin figure Darth Vader even though he's not in his armor.
    I'm not surprised. This is all speculation, but once I saw Anakin's eye's in the teaser, I assumed that as soon as he gives into the dark side and alligns himself with Sidious, he is renamed Darth Vader.

Back to the original topic. It looks like it might have potential to be a cool playset. Geonosis was cool, but too small, IMO (I realized it had to be small though). I want to see what is on the other side of this playset.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The Geonosis arena didn't seem all that great, IMO. It's good for diorama builders, but that's about it.

Also, looking at the box again, why does it have a "lava flipping" action feature? Do you think it might flip over to reveal Anakin in the lava?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]