Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Display/storage question

My dilemma is this: The room in my house devoted to displaying and storing the hundreds of carded figures that I own is pretty much bursting at the seams. The walls are covered and the room's only shelving unit is jam-packed.
    All of this would be fine and dandy, of course, if my collection wasn't growing but it is, and in a hurry. Now, with the prospect of me really loading up on figures, ships, 12-inchers, etc. in the ROTS line, I'm sort of at a loss.
    I really want to avoid boxing up figures, so any innovative ideas that anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Display/storage question

Sometimes we must box up the overflow.WHat I do is use Rubbermaid Storage bins. Get the big ones as the holdlots more stuff. A good sized on(50 gallons) holds my POTF,Ep1 and POTJ collection. Another also holds most of the vehicles and playsets I have. They are not easily damaged and will hold up to water leaks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Ahhh Rubbermaid! Thanks for the idea.

Yep, I do the same thing as KH using a combination of rubbermaids and big cardboard boxes which is all set off the ground on pallets in my storage garage as an added water deterent.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I am faced with the same problem; my wife is threatening to leave me if I don't get my figures off the wall. I've been trying to box up the figures I've been buying in the boxes that they are shipped to stores in. The problems are 1) I can't get them fast enough and 2) the new ROTS boxes are bigger than the ones that hold other figures. What I'd like to do is box my figures in these and then maybe put them in a rubbermaid container. I plan to go to Toys R Us during the midnight sale to grab enough boxes for ROTS, but does anyone have any ideas about how I can get shipping boxes for regular figures?

Try getting to a store during pack out and get the boxes before the get crushed. Thats the only way I can think of to get the figure boxes
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If you are looking for good quality, durable boxes, go to your local ABC store and get some liquor boxes. Mine sells them for 5 cents a piece and they usually have some stashed away in their back room. These boxes are sturdy (since they usually are holding glass bottles of product) and they hold up well. I have alot of my "overflow" figures stored in these and they work great.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by wedge1968
    I am faced with the same problem; my wife is threatening to leave me if I don't get my figures off the wall.
    Man, that's unfortunate. Where do you think she'll go to live?
    Last edited by Slicker; 02-21-2005 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Spelling like a one armed blind man.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Man, that's unfortunate. Where do thing she'll go to live?

LoL, I am sure he is going to miss her!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I don't know where she'll go. If she takes the kids, I'll be destroyed. However, I won't have to worry about them eventually deciding that the toys on the wall should be opened...