Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Display/storage question

Do those of you who use the massive containers also store each individual figure in Star Cases? Right now I keep some of my favorite figures in Star Cases, and I fear it would be a rather costly venture to get cases for everything I have.

Yep, those 50-gallon Rubbermaid tubs work well. I've been migrating away from cardboard boxes since they tend to absorb moisture, which can lead to mold and insect damage. If your storage area is climate-controlled then you should be okay.

Geez, by last count I have 27 of those 50-Gal. Rubbermaid tubs. Everything from vintage to modern Star Wars to LEGO and a hodge podge of other toys in between can be found inside them.

Quote Originally Posted by trandoshan666
    Do those of you who use the massive containers also store each individual figure in Star Cases? Right now I keep some of my favorite figures in Star Cases, and I fear it would be a rather costly venture to get cases for everything I have.
    I don't use star cases...yet. I plan on buying them once I get the funds together. I unfortunately don't use a climate controlled garage yet and I still use cardboard boxes. I'm thinking hard about switching from my boxes to all rubbermaids when I go home next.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Rubermaid containers are the way to go. I had some kind of leak in my basement some time ago (that I didnt know about), when I was down in my Archive I discovered that Rubbermaid had saved the day! Several of the containers had water stains on them but the contents -untouched.

I havnt the room to display even a quarter of my collection. So its ALL in storage.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Rubermaid containers are the way to go. I had some kind of leak in my basement some time ago (that I didnt know about), when I was down in my Archive I discovered that Rubbermaid had saved the day! Several of the containers had water stains on them but the contents -untouched.
    Then all rubbermaids is definitely the way that I'm gonna go when I get a chance. I have an outside storage garage and I question it's leakproofness at times.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Open all your figures

I store all my overflow collection in rubbermaid(even though its opened stuff).Works great,I've dropped stuff on the containers,water,etc and everything stays nice on the inside.Not to mention they are stackable
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I've resorted to using rubbermaid containers for some of my older collectibles. I too. am quickly running out of room tp display my collection. With EPIII, I'm going to hit an all time storing dilemma.

For the poster who's wife is threating to leave, well my collection is the reason I stay single, I don't want anybody telling me where and when and how I can display things. I know this sounds harse, but the last time I lived with a girl, she had me keep all of my collection boxed up. Not suggesting you let your wife go, just letting you know that I choose to handle things my way.

Did that make sense? I think I need a nap.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!