View Poll Results: What do you think of Hasbro's Attacktix and Force Battlers?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both lines look pretty good

17 15.60%
  • Attacktix looks good, Force Battlers looks bad

10 9.17%
  • Force Battlers looks good, Attacktix looks bad

16 14.68%
  • Both lines look pretty bad

66 60.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think of Hasbro's Attacktix and Force Battlers?

Hasbro isn't just doing standard action figures for the release of Ep III: ROTS, they've also added 2 new lines to their repertoire. If you haven't seen Hasbro's Attacktix or Force Battlers figures yet, here's a look at what was on-hand at Toy Fair:

Star Wars Force Battlers
    [font=Verdana][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=times new roman][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
    [font=times new roman][font=Verdana][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif](Approximate Retail Price: $9.99, Recommended Age: 4 & up)
    [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=times new roman][font=Verdana][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]With an all new 7 scale for the Star Wars line, FORCE BATTLERS are ready for action! Armed with cool galactic gear and awesome weapons, these powerful heroes and dark villains battle across the galaxy. These bigger figures are perfect for small hands to do battle with. Characters such as Obi-Wan kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Chewbacca take on the dark side against Darth Vader in this new line.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

Star Wars Attacktix Battle Figure Game
    (Approximate Retail Price: $5.99 - $9.99, Recommended Age: 6 & up)

Star Wars ATTACKTIX is the revolutionary new battle figure game where kids compete with one simple goal: to be the last one standing! Only ATTACKTIX combines the crash-and-bash fun of action figures with the competition, strategy and collectability of trading card games. ATTACKTIX is easy to learn, but difficult to master. With no game board or dice, ATTACKTIX can be played anywhere, anytime. Each figure stands on a patented game base that features all of the game play information needed. The innovative movement system enables kids to move their figures in numerous combinations providing for enhanced strategy and a new game each time they play. Also, multiple strategy levels are built in to vary play even further.
    Clearly, this is not the same old-same old, Hasbro seems to have something very different in mind with these 2 lines, a whole new take on Star Wars toys. If you didn't notice by the coverage, Hasbro has a lot of Attacktix products planned already. But what do Star Wars collectors think of these vastly different lines? Will they flock to them or stay away? Will these unique takes on Star Wars toys entice the kid market in a whole new way, or will these 2 lines quickly head to the bargain bin?

Vote now and post your opinion!

Re: What do you think of Hasbro's Attacktix and Force Battlers?

These lines both look terrible. Galactic Heroes these are not.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

way too kidish and a bad atempt to make it into a wierd "Yougio" or "Pokemon" collector thing.

I don't understand why they thought the Force Battlers were a good idea when they're already doing the "Jedi Powers" line. I'd like to see that line keep going and add more articulation. The only other thing I would be interested in would be a few main characters in scale with Marvel Legends maybe.

I'll be buying the Force Battlers. I like the idea of large figures representing main characters that:

-are poseable and not really expensive or collectible

-don't have clothing or accessories that can be lost, rip, or break (like 12" or 3 3/4"

-are sort of cute and very TOY orientated - that is you aren't inspired to make some realistic diorama because they look realistic, and then never move them again once the scene looks good.

- with the immediate above point, you can keep them in a shoe box and pull them out when you want to fiddle with them

- with the point above, it should be a small collection, versus trying to find a figure to mess with out of 700 to choose from

-they are toys and you feel like you're buying toys again, instead of art or whatever.

- the 3 3/4" and 12" and perhaps Unleashed now feel like obligatory collections - you started them, and now you need every single offering from them. With JediForce and Force-Battlers, I doubt you care and you can just pick up the ones you like, knowing these are going to be at garage sales everywhere as little kids outgrow them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I have flushed watse that looked better.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I'll be buying the Force Battlers. I like the idea of large figures representing main characters that:

-are poseable and not really expensive or collectible

-don't have clothing or accessories that can be lost, rip, or break (like 12" or 3 3/4"

-are sort of cute and very TOY orientated - that is you aren't inspired to make some realistic diorama because they look realistic, and then never move them again once the scene looks good.

- with the immediate above point, you can keep them in a shoe box and pull them out when you want to fiddle with them

- with the point above, it should be a small collection, versus trying to find a figure to mess with out of 700 to choose from

-they are toys and you feel like you're buying toys again, instead of art or whatever.

- the 3 3/4" and 12" and perhaps Unleashed now feel like obligatory collections - you started them, and now you need every single offering from them. With JediForce and Force-Battlers, I doubt you care and you can just pick up the ones you like, knowing these are going to be at garage sales everywhere as little kids outgrow them.
    Now that you say this im feelinng diferently. Especialy the parts about buying toys again and not feeliing the need to get each one. A small example was when yesterday i went to go pick up my series 2 halo2 figs, and didnt feel that joy of having something cool and new, but really just a relief that i actually got them, i think i will get these then look back and see how much more fun i actually have with these, arent figures supposed to be fun anyways?

I thought a few of these look ok, not great, just ok. I liked the clone walker but those missle things just ruin it. Same with the clones.. I know for sure I wont buy the force battlers and I probably wont buy any of the attacktix either.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Force Battlers:
    The Vader in the Force Battlers is kind of cool with the shoulder pads and the sheild so I will pick that one up, but the other characters are too distorted and really don't resemble the movie characters. I don't care for the overly distorted characters much at all as a rule. I was cool with GHs since they were cute, though not poseable, but there is already a failed line of distorted characters out called Jedi Force (choking the shelves of every store I go into) not to mention the very low selling Playskool line.

Attacktix:
    One word: LAME-O. What the heck is with the pinched heads? They should have stopped tweaking at POTF with the buffed up versions. That was bad enough. I think the AFA needs to institute random steriod tests. :-)

I understand that Hasbro has to keep trying to come up with a way to overmarket this fantastic series of films, but can't SOMEBODY give them a good idea? Star Wars is not Marvel. It's not anime. It's not DC. It's Star Wars!!!

I was cool with the Clone Wars animated figures because they were figures designed directly from something I dug. These two lines are different.

I think I will have to get the Force Battler of Vader, but I don't really like any of the others. I saw a list somewhere that said that a Han and Luke were going to come out eventually and those might be cool.

I will withhold judgement on the attaktix until I see what the game is like. If, like heroclix, the figures suck and the game is fun, I might still buy them. This seems like a more kid friendly version of the miniatures game. I don't like the "collectible" part, as I have always had really bad luck with blind packaged things.

I hope that if these lines fail that it doesn't hurt the standard line. My local K-Mart(all I have is one HORRIBLE K- Mart in my town) Will have these things sitting on the shelves for years if they don't sell, taking space that could be used for new figs.

I, personally, think that these lines might be kind of fun initially, but will probably hurt the line and collectors in the long run.